Status: Completed

High School Is the Least of Our Worries.

Chapter 28

A/N
Hey people, I'd just like to remind you that I'm not the only writer of this story. :P So when you comment please say great writers.
Now on with the update.
----------------------

Gerard.

Feeling his heartbeat on mine sends ripples through my body. The way that the rhythm merges is amazing, almost as if we aren’t two separate souls, but as one. That may sound fucking corny but that’s exactly how it felt. It was different to anything I’ve experienced before. I loved it.

I played with his dark brown hair, flicking it down to his eyes and enjoying the clean feel to it. When I ran my fingers through mine my hair is greasy and uncontrollable, but his is just… perfect.

As I lay there, my eyelids starting to drop along with the sun, I have a sudden burst of inspiration. I jump up and Frank’s head hits the ground and I hear a surprised, “Ouch!” as a scrabble around in my bag, finally retrieving my most treasured possession. Frank looks at it curiously as I skim through it, reminding myself of all the wonderful images I have portrayed in my sketchpad through the years, the only sane way to keep me calm.

“What’s that?” Frank asks, trying to look at the drawings scrawled across the page.

“No peeking!” I giggle, pretending to hit him over the head with the pad, “just my feelings in pictures. “

I breathe nervously and inquire timidly, “Frank, you are my most treasured memory. Can I keep you forever?” and I gesture towards the pad. He understands but gives me a quizzical look, as if wondering why I can’t take a picture or something.

“It’s just important to me,” I plead, looking into his eyes. Soon he agrees and grins, his hair still in the flopping position that I adjusted it to. He looks so damn hot like that, and he barely looks like a jock anymore; more like someone like me, though better groomed.

I situate him leaning on the wall of the treehouse, aligning his eyes with mine. I look him up and down, trying to seek out the best place to begin. My eyes lock with his and I stare, transfixed. He’s so beautiful.

“What?” Frank asks nervously, obviously uncomfortable by my stare.

“Oh, nothing,” I grin and start to draw.

Frank.

“Can I y’know… talk?” I ask, talking out of the side of my mouth, careful not to move to much.

“Of course silly,” Gerard replies, shaking his head and smiling at my stupidity. “Just don’t move your body.”

“Okay,” I say, keeping perfectly still anyway.

“You know I saw some of your stuff when I came round the day I first met you… man your shit is good!” I exclaim.

His cheeks tinge pink. Awww.

“You look so gorgeous right now,” He says, going even redder.

I bite my lip, trying to stop myself from blushing. “Thanks,” I say quietly, looking down at the floor.

“Eyes on me,” He says softly and a small smile flashes across my face as I look up at him, keeping my eyes locked with his.

I have a sudden urge to touch him, feel him, kiss him all over. It surges through me and I want it more than I’ve wanted anything else in my whole entire life.

“Hurry up,” I whine “My backs getting stiff sitting like this!”

“What are you? 60 years old?! You’re young fit, footballer, tough it up, Iero!” He says in a coach voice and I laugh, looking into his eyes again, feeling bolts of electricity pass through us. I wonder if he can feel it to.

Gerard.

I really love drawing Frank. It means I can look at him all I want and no-one will get suspicious. Plus my eyes get to feast on his body, taking in every single detail. You never realise how beautiful something actually is until you really focus on it.

It must have taken ages to draw Frank with the exact detail I need for my pictures, working on every hair on his head to every line in his face and body. I could tell he is starting to get restless, shifting and making it harder to draw but I understand. But what I do love is the talking we do throughout this time. We talk more than we ever had before, even the time we were stuck in a car. About stupid, little things really, but I like it all the same.

Eventually I finish.

“Done!” I exclaim, admiring my work. Frank shuffles up for a look and I act coy. “Nuh-uh! Not yet. Wait and see!” I wink and he whines good-naturedly, and pokes me. I act shocked and poke him back, until we have a full blown poking war.

“Ah shit, I better go,” Frank groans, “Mom’s expecting me back soon.”

I grin and mutter, “Just one last thing I gotta do,” before I lay down on him and kiss him again quickly as he returns it.

***

That was far to quick. He’s gone and I’m already back at my house, alone once more, seeking sanctuary in my room. Thankfully my mom’s not back yet and I take out my pad once more, looking again at my drawing. Skimming through the rest, I realise it’s my best one yet. Why is this one any different?

Then I realise. It’s so lifelike. His eyes seem to give a seductive gaze through the page and onto me, and they glint as if alive. This is the picture I’ll have forever.

I rip the page out and put it in a protective cover, hiding it under my mattress.

Frank’s with me, even when he’s not.

Frank.

I finally get back home after several ‘I’m really leaving now’ kisses. We promised to meet up tomorrow. I’m gonna go round to his house and we’re gonna go down to the lake for the day.

I have a permanent grin on my face as I walk through the front door.

“Hey honey, how was school?” My mom asks in a fake plastic squeaky voice

“Oh yeah it was fine mom,” I lie, sprinting upstairs to avoid further questioning. I dump my bag in the corner and kick my shoes off, they hit the wall, causing a smear of mud to stain the wall. I giggle to myself and jump on my bed, feeling like a little kid.

My cell rings loudly and vibrates against my thigh. I dig in my pocket and fish it out.

My moods comes down immediately as I see who it is. Courtney.

“Hey baby!” She squeals

“Hi,” I mutter “How are you?”

“I was so lonely without you today!” She says loudly and I flinch at how fucking loud she was. So different from Gerard who was soft spoken and gentle.

“Uhh... yeah, I missed you too,” I say, not meaning it in the slightest. I decide to do It now, I decide to risk my popularity and friends for him.

“Look babe there’s something I’ve been meaning to tell you,” I say, playing with the hem of my shirt.

“What is it sweetie?” She squeaks.

“I’m breaking up with you,” I say bluntly, no expression in my voice whatsoever

“You’re WHAT?!”

“Breaking up with you,” I repeat again, slowly.

“I knew it,” She mutters “I knew the rumors were true, you’re a fucking fag aren’t you!”

“W-what no,” I stammer.

She laughs bitterly.

“Yeah sure! Have a nice life taking it up the ass with your faggy boyfriend!” She yells and slams the phone down and I let out an audible groan.

I snap my cell shut and throw it to the floor, it hits the ground with a thud and I bang my head on my pillow.

Stupid stupid stupid.