Status: Completed

High School Is the Least of Our Worries.

Chapter 4

Gerard

This has been the worst day of my life. Being laughed at twice in one day for two completely different reasons was an absolute nightmare, but I’m probably already the most unpopular kid in the school right about now, so this will be just the beginning. I don’t want another episode of me crying and going off to slit my wrists again; I’ve already had enough for one day.

My boner deflates soon after I walk to the changing rooms and take a cold shower. I can’t put my uniform back on so I just stay in my gym kit, feeling very exposed in my shorts and T-shirt. Slouching against the wall, I run through the day’s events, cringing at my actions. I still hate that dick, Frank, but all my anger has slipped away with the cold water that ran down my body in the locker room. I just feel defeated and I can’t fight. I feel empty and useless. I can barely think; my mind isn’t working properly. All I can hear is strained laughter, which fills my ears and completely blocks my senses.

Finally, after what seemed like days, the locker room files out and I am subjected to more torment. Frank’s dumbass friend, Brad, starts cracking jokes and pointing to my crotch. I'm barely listening. I just stare at the ground until he goes away, his fag jokes worn out. He will have more tomorrow though. I don’t care.

Frank is the last to come out, fully clothed this time, so I have no danger of having another erection. Why do I find the guy I hate the most so fucking hot? I definitely have something wrong with me.

He has a puzzled look on his face when he spots me, like he expectes me to run home crying and never show my face at school again. It takes much more than that to break Gerard Way.

Despite myself, I invite him over to my house to get that project done. Surprisingly, he doesn’t crack a joke all the time we drive home in my tattered old black ford; in fact, he barely says a word to me. I do notice he keeps looking in the pocket of the door. Probably looking for gay porn videos as evidence.

As we got back to my place, I see Frank give a disgusted look at my council house. Sure, it is run down and all, but he’s not motherfucking rich, now is he? I just hope that my mom isn’t home yet. She is embarrassing at the best of times, but at this time she is normally drunk and I can’t take any more shit today.

Frank.

The drive home is silent, the radio's probably busted; I mean this heap of shit has to be about 20 years old at least! The leafy green surroundings of the school melt into grey stone dreary buildings, dilapidated and boarded up shops, more beat up cars and more bums on the street than I care to count. The car eventually stops outside a small semi-detached house with an unkempt garden and a large crack running through the glass in the front door. I crinkle my face up with disgust, wondering how people could live this way.

We enter the hallway, the bland wallpaper curling at the edges, the carpet stained and threadbare.

“Ma?” Gerard calls out, there came no reply so Gerard just shrugs and leads me upstairs, the stairs creaking beneath my feet.

He shows me into his room… I have to admit, his room is one hell of a lot better than the rest of the house. His walls are covered in posters and drawings, random pieces of clothing were strewn on the floor. I notice a few bottles of pills on a shelf and a few empty vodka bottles and beer cans abandoned in the corner.

“Your house is shit!” I exclaim as I continue to look around his room “But your room ain’t bad Geetard,” He looks at me and the side of his mouth twitches as if he wants to smile.

“Uhh thanks I guess,” he says quietly “Umm you want a soda or something?” he asks, looking uncomfortable. I search around for a snide comment to offer but none came so I simply nod, watching him leave and go back downstairs.

I take this as an opportunity to take a look around the rest of his house, I open his bedroom door and head to the left towards a closed door, I decide to open it, I peek inside and grin, man this room was a nerds paradise! With the exception of the comic books all over the desk, the room was freakishly neat, the bed made, floor clean of any clothes and no empty bottles of alcohol as far as I could see. I shake my head grinning and move onto the next room, I open the door slowly and jump back as I see someone laying on the bed. It was a woman, she sits up as I enter the room, her expression hardens.

“Who the fuck are you?!” she exclaims, standing up, swaying, obviously drunk.

“F-Frank Iero,” I reply, watching her.

“What the fuck are you doing here!? God knows your not Gerard’s friend, he doesn’t have any friends, he’s such a goddamn fuck up!” She screeches.

I inwardly cringe, I mean Gerard was a freak but he was her son! I turn around to leave, seeing Gerard behind me with tears in his eyes, he must have heard everything, I swallow and close the door.

“I-I’m sorry about my mom,” He says quietly as we sit on the floor of his bedroom, sipping on cans of coke.

“It’s ok” I reply as I place a hand on his shoulder, my eyes widening as I realise what I’ve done, my hand tingles as I pull it away and Gerard looks at me confused as I try to work out what the fuck that was all about?!
♠ ♠ ♠
We love comments =] Skittles and Cookies to all commenters =D