Status: Completed

High School Is the Least of Our Worries.

Chapter 42

Gerard.

I’m still in shock after she’s gone. We must’ve forgotten to close the door, that’s how she got in. Fucking bitch.

Fuck.

She can’t say anything! It would tear Frank apart…I can’t let that happen to him. He’s already risked so much to be with me in secret let alone his fucking ex-girlfriend telling the whole school. Not to mention she probably has the most influence over the school, being head-cheerleader.

The pain in my crotch is fading and I stare at him. He’s just looking at where Courtney left, an expression of horror still painted on his face. I can tell a million thoughts are running through his mind; what it would be like at school, what people would think of him, how he was with me.

I see his face and I feel like I’m going to burst into tears. It’s my fault he’s now going to be an outcast, spat upon by the people he once called ‘friend’. I get up slowly and sit beside him.

“Frankie?” I say quietly, and his head turns slowly around to me. I don’t think he even remembered I was still here.

“I’m sorry,” I mutter, “for all that I’ve put you through. You’ve given up so much for me. I don’t deserve it. You had the perfect life… and you threw it all away. I – I don’t understand that.”

He just looks at me, waiting for me to continue. His face is a mixture of agreement and contradiction.

“I really am a fuck-up,” I admit, repeating my mom’s words, “I don’t want to cause you anymore pain.” I make to get up, but a hand pulls me back.

“Don’t be stupid, Gee,” he whispers, wiping a lone tear out of my eye. “We can get through this. I don’t know how, and I don’t even know why I’m willing to give up everything I had for…” I wait for him to continue, but he doesn’t. He just looks back at me, sadness in his eyes.

Frank.

I wake up next morning not wanting to go to school. Everyone knows, it’s going to be hell. For me and for Gerard. I’ve lost all my friends, my position on the team… everything that mattered before him.

I drag myself out of bed, doing my routine check as usual, going to my mirror, groaning at my appearance then trying to do something to fix said appearance.

I run my hands through my slightly greasy hair and decide that I really can’t be fucking bothered to have a shower.

I open my cupboard and see my team jacket hanging up on a hanger. I sigh, I guess I won’t be needing that anymore. I pull on a pale blue shirt and some jeans, ruffling my hair. I don’t want to face my mom so I decide to skip breakfast and go straight to school; hopefully Gerard will be there early too.

I grab my bag from where I left it the day before and slam the door shut, going to my car and dumping my bag in the back. I drive in silence, dreading the fate that awaits me at school. Fuck anything could happen!

As I drive into the school parking lot, I see people huddled in little groups outside the main building; they all seem to be whispering about something secret. I climb out the car and all the eyes in the courtyard turn to me. They were talking about me.

Gerard.

I’ve never been so miserable in my life – well, never so miserable for someone else. Just now I’ve had to go through all these snipes and snarls from everybody in the school, ranging from just whispering, “Fag!” whenever I walk too close, to yelling across the corridors. It affects me slightly, I’m not going to lie about it, but I’m used to all of this. Sure, there are way more people doing it now than ever before, but what’s it going be like for Frank? He’s always been the popular, athletic guy who always gets the girls and the respect from all the guys. He’s going to be finding this so difficult.

I completely skip out on first period. Who gives a fuck anyway?! I haven’t seen Frank all day. For all I know he could be getting beaten the shit out of right now.

I sigh and sit in the changing rooms, not daring to try and go to my next lesson. How can I have done this to him?

“Hello, fag,” says a venomous voice behind me. I swivel round quickly and see Brad standing there, with an angry but also anticipated look on his face. He was surrounded by half the football team, the biggest and the most daring. I gulp and I could feel my heart beating furiously in my chest, though I can’t let them know I’m afraid.

“We have a bone to pick with you,” he scowls at me, his voice deathly quiet. “You lost us our best player.” The team growl, coming closer towards me. I’m trapped.

“YOU TURNED HIM INTO A FUCKING FAG!” he yells and I flinch.

“N-no…” I whimper and that makes him clench his fists.

“Yes, Gerard…” he smirks and he lands a punch right into my stomach, catching me off guard and making me double over in agony.

Soon enough, another fist hits into my shoulder, another to my back, repeating the same movement over and over again as they all claw at me, and I can tell they aren’t feeling any hesitation at what they are doing. After a while the pain is numbed, and all I can do is wait for it to stop.

Stop…please…Frankie…stop…them.

Frank.

First period was a fucking nightmare. English… the group of people I used to call my friends, throwing paper and shit at me. I now realize how bad Gerard must have felt every fucking day of his life. He didn’t deserve it and neither do I.

The bell finally rings, signalling the end of first period. I decide to skip second period, venturing outside for a smoke. I lean against the wall and light up my cigarette taking a long drag. The sky is cloudy, threatening rain. I shiver and decide to go into the boys changing rooms, it’s warmer in there.

The minute I close the door to outside, I warm up considerably, rubbing my hands together. I stroll through the deserted locker rooms, thoughts mulling around in my head.

I think about my old friends, how the minute they found out I wasn’t exactly like them, they ditched me. They were never my proper friends. I think about Mom, heartless bitch, banning me from seeing Gerard, she can’t stop me, I need to see him. He practically keeps me sane.

Gerard. Oh god Gerard. I love him; I love him so much that it physically hurts not to tell him. But I can’t even though I know he loves me back I can’t say. It’ll prove I’m gay… and for some fucking reason I can’t handle that even though I know I am!

“Fuck it,” I grunt as I kick a random locker. I then hear a noise a small whimper. I walk to the corner of the room and gasp at what I see.
♠ ♠ ♠
Give us comments because we love them!
Just like we love you guys! ^_^