Status: Completed

High School Is the Least of Our Worries.

Chapter 46

Gerard.

I smile and kiss him back, letting his tongue enter my mouth. I sigh contentedly but break away quickly as he places his hands around my waist pulling me closer.

“Sorry, sorry,” he says quickly, looking at me with concern. It’s still so fucking painful.

“It’s okay,” I smile, and hold out my hand to him. He takes it and I lead him to the living room again, sitting him down on the couch. I realise I’m really tired; I didn’t get much sleep last night. The pain managed to keep me awake.

I lay my head down on his lap and he looks down at me as I lie down on the couch.

“I just want to be with you,” I whisper, loving the feeling of his gentle hands stroking my hair as I drop off to sleep.

***
”You’re fucking someone else aren’t you? Aren’t you?!” he yells, his face red. I’ve never seen him this angry before.

“N-no!” I insist, terrified. He advances on me, his eyes filled with anger and… fright? I’d finally asked him who the late night calls were from, where he was going everytime he left unexpectedly with a hurried look on his face; I was too scared to do it before. Afraid he’d confirm my suspicions and leave forever. I love him. I don’t want to let him go.

And now, I’m scared for a whole new reason…

His face is dangerously close, his eyes locked with mine.

“If you’d ever do that to me… so help me God, I’d…”

He doesn’t finish his sentence. I feel his fist collide with my nose and I know that blood is pouring out of it, and I whimper, trying fruitlessly to catch the blood with my outstretched hands. It slips through my fingers, dripping down to the floor below.

Before I have time to do anything else, I’m winded by a reckless punch to my stomach and I double over, tears coming out of my eyes. He hits me again and again, the ferocity of his rage matched only by my pain.

“Bert, stop it, please…” I whimper, and soon everything fades to black.


Frank.

Stop it, please…

Through the sleepy haze I’d been indulging in I hear small whimpers, pleas for help. I open my eyes to find Gerard, tossing and turning, he’s sweating and he has a pained look across his face; marring his normally flawless face.

“Gee,” I say softly, placing my hand on his shoulder. He whimpers again and struggles, trying to get away from me.

“Gee it’s me, Frankie,” I say a little louder, giving him a gentle shake. His eyes shoot open and meet mine, they look panicked and uneasy.

“F-Frankie…” He whispers, I nod as he sits up, propping himself into a sitting position, he has droplets of perspiration on his forehead. I place my hand over his and it’s cold and clammy.

“Bad dream?” I ask gently and he nods, wiping his forehead and brushing some of his hair back. “Wanna tell me?” I ask.

“N-no,” He whispers, trying to regain composure. I pull him into my arms and a small content smile spreads across his face.

At least he’s happy.

For now.

Gerard.

I glance at the clock on the wall and nearly fall off the couch. How is it nearly three o clock already?! I sit up, with some difficulty, and rub my eyes. That dream was so real. It was like being back with him, though I’ve tried my hardest to block it all out, as if it never existed. I thought I’d succeeded.

Frank’s looking at me with concern, but I put on a smile. I can’t tell him about the dream, I can’t let him know what happened to me. It’s all behind me now. All I can do is think about the future… about Frank…

I snuggle into him, feeling him wrap my arms around me. It’s warm and calming, though I can feel that he’s stiff, like he’s afraid of hurting me. Ugh, this is getting annoying. I shift slightly, trying to show him that he won’t hurt me and I feel searing pain stab at my stomach. I whimper softly and my hand automatically goes to my stomach.

Frank leaps off me almost immediately. “Are you okay?” he asks quickly, his eyes fixed on the place I’m clutching. He hovers on the couch, obviously not able to decide whether to come up and inspect me properly or watch from a safe distance.

I force a weak smile. “I-I’m fine. My stomach just got a bit of a twinge, that’s all.” A bit of a twinge? It feels like a thousand knives are stabbing into the same spot on my stomach repeatedly.

“Fuck, this is all my fault,” he whimpers, putting his face in his hands.

“No, of course it’s not,” I say quickly, “I was just in the wrong place at the wrong time.”

“Yes it is Gerard!” he says, suddenly raising his voice and standing up. “You got beaten up by my team… my ex-team, because I got dumped. Okay? It’s my fucking fault!”

I match his furious gaze and stand up too. “Fucking hell, Frank! It’s not your fault, it never has been! I don’t blame you for any of it!”

Neither of us hear the door open.

“Fucking hell! If I’d never have met you then this would never have happened! I wish I could just take it all back now, and never have anything to do with it,” he yells.

“You… you do?” I ask quietly as Mikey barges into the room.

“What the fuck is going on?!” he yells, glaring at Frank.

I can’t look at him. He wishes he’d never known me. That hurts more than any punch anyone could give me.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry it's a bit short
*hides*
Oh well, we love comments!