Status: Completed

High School Is the Least of Our Worries.

Chapter 7

Gerard

The heat is almost unbearable. I'm sweating so much that my eyes are going to run soon, but I know better than to open the car door; we’d freeze once we’d made contact with the cold night air.

I know Frank's feeling the heat as well, as he's slumped over the passengers seat, his face moist with perspiration. He groans and starts to take off his shirt. My eyes widen as I know what will happen next. I grab my jacket and lay it over my lap, hoping it will conceal my erection. Sure enough, I feel it harden as I sense Frank completely topless, his chest glistening with sweat. He looks over at me and smiles awkwardly, and turns back and leans his head on the dashboard. I quickly glance at my crotch and sigh; it was nearly fully covered up. There’s a slight bump, but I’m sure that Frank doesn’t notice.

Frank attempts to make conversation. “So, I didn’t see your dad back at your place,” he informs me, turning his statement into a question.

“Yeah, he died about a year ago,” I say blankly, leaning back in my seat and sighing. I missed my dad. He was calm and kind, much different to my mom.

“Oh.” Frank keeps quiet now, and stares at the ceiling, obviously embarrassed.

“What about your folks?” I ask cautiously.

“Oh, my dad’s dead too. When I was ten,” he tells me, and I hear his voice break. It’s kind of sweet, the way he still misses his dad, even though it was years ago since he saw him.

“Mmmm.” I answer. Maybe Frank doesn’t have the perfect life I thought he did; maybe he’s like me in a way. Dadless and his mom a fuck-up? I dismissed the idea from my mind. His mom wouldn’t be a fuck-up. He’s too…untouched, for something like that to occur in his life. Innocent, almost.

I look at him with a faint respect, relieved I found a weakness in this guy. I see tears form in his eyes, and I touch his bare shoulder, intending to soothe him. To my horror, I feel my crotch balloon again, and I quickly remove my hand. What the fuck is wrong with me?!

A couple of hours later, when we’d talked a bit and began to communicate normally, as if we were friends, Frank says something.

“You know, there’s more to you than meets the eye, Gerard Way,” he comments, a twinkle in his eye as he grins at me.

I grin back, and a yawn escapes me. I realise I’m really tired, and it’s past midnight. I feel my head loll to one side and settle on something hard, and I fall asleep instantly.

Frank

I never ever ever thought I’d admit this but… Gerard's not a bad guy, really. He’s friendly and talkative once you get to know him. I yawn and watch him sleep, taking in how his hair covers his pale face, his head resting back and his mouth set in a tiny small smile.

Tonight I figured out we have something in common… both our dads are dead. He knows what I went through. He knows how much it hurts. I’ve come to the conclusion that he’s just a misunderstood kid; he told me how he’s never had any friends other than his brother Mikey, how he’s never had a girlfriend… how he’s gay.

I have to admit when he told me that I was pretty shocked. I mean we joked about it and stuff but half the time the person was as straight as a fucking ruler; well not Gerard.

I think about what my friends would say if they found out about this. They’d abandon me for sure, hell they’d probably even label me gay which is fucking ridiculous!

He told me that it’s good to be able to talk to someone and be able to have that person listen back. I told him that it was no problem.

I smile a bit and look over at him seeing him snoring softly. I lean over and brush a piece of hair out of his face before yawning again. I take one last look at him before leaning my head against the window and shutting my eyes, feeling sleep take over me, Gerard’s face is the last thing on my mind.