Status: I really am sorry, but I don't know when I'll be updating this. I'm thinking about taking it down and doing it all over. I haven't decided yet.

Galaxies

manifesting men of all kinds

Cole always had a crush on Ellie throughout the whole sixth and seventh grade. And they lived so close to each other that he saw her almost every weekend. He'd try to get his friends to hang out wherever he had heard that she would be, just so that he could see her.

All of Cole's friends knew of his crush, but he didn't care, because they were all hopelessly in love with her along with him. They just knew that they never had a chance, but for some reason Cole wouldn't let that be end of it. He just wouldn't give up.

Every day at school he would try to talk to her. And he managed to quite a few times, he even got her number once. But after texting her a few times and her still not knowing who he was he stopped trying to talk to her on the phone. He decided to just stick with face-to-face communication, he thought it'd be more respectful that way.

ImageImageImage

"Hey Cole! Come on, lets go," his best friend Eugene called.

Cole stayed put watching Ellie laugh with her friends.

"Dude. Seriously, she doesn't even see you." Eugene said to himself as Cole continued to ignore him.

Cole stood there for another few moments with a small smile on his face.

He liked to see Ellie happy and knowing that she had just had a nasty break up with eighth-grader, Matt Johnson - a jock that was obviously not the brightest bulb in the tanning salon for letting Ellie go - Cole was happy to see her having fun and being happy.

That's all he really cared about.


ImageImageImage

It wasn't until the beginning of seventh grade that Ellie actually talked to Cole without him having to start the conversation. He remembered that day so well, it was the most important day in his young teenage life. He's still mad at himself for how much he stuttered, but he was just so shocked that she, Ellie Grae was speaking to him, let alone on her own free will.

ImageImageImage

"Hey, you're Cole right?" she asked smiling at him.

"Wha?" he looked at her confused for a second. "Oh! Yes, y-yes. That's me, C-cole."

She smiled, "Yeah, you're in my history class, right?" she asked glancing behind her and then looking back at him.

Cole looked behind her and saw that her friend Haleigh was waiting for her. "Y-yeah," he mumbled. "Spanish, and Art too," he said a little over a whisper.

Ellie nodded, "Right. Well listen," she started and then looked behind her again, "I gotta hurry, but I was wondering if maybe you could take notes for me in History tomorrow 'cause that's the only class that I need to take notes in, you know?" She didn't wait for him to respond, but he nodded anyway, "So, would you do that for me, please? It'd sure help me a lot."

He stared at her for a moment and glanced at Haleigh seeing that she was starting to get impatient. "Y-yeah, sure. I'll t-take notes for y-you," he smiled nervously.

"Oh thank you!" she grinned wrapping her arms around his lanky form.

Cole just stood there in utter amazement that Ellie,
Allison Elenore Grae was hugging him. Actually, physically, for real hugging him. He thought he was about pass out when he heard her speak again.

"Seriously, you're a life saver, thankyousomuch," she was talking so fast that Cole could barely understand her. "I have to go, but I owe you, okay? Thank you so much!"

And then she ran away towards where Haleigh was waiting by the parking lot.


ImageImageImage

That was day that everything changed for Cole.

That was day that he and Ellie became friends.

That was the day he will never forget.

After Cole moved to California the summer after seventh grade, he realized that he was never going to be with Ellie - not that he ever thought he had the chance in the first place, but he just couldn't not at least try - so he decided to forget about his feelings for her, not Ellie, no he could never forget Ellie.

So he shoved those thoughts about her, those dreams about her, those feelings about her, deep, deep, deep down to be never reached again.
♠ ♠ ♠
"But oh, how I struggled in vain, to solve this riddle with my brain; when the answer's in my hands."

- Anya Marina

i cut this chapter in two
that's why this one is a little short

so the next chapter should be up shortly

p.s.

let me know what you think?
please?