Status: Completed.

Apologies on Napkins.

Sunday Drive.

Alex’s P.O.V.

I sat there still drunk from the night before, not being able to sit still. I looked around, my eyes scanning every face, every fat, skinny, tan and white face. They all seemed to blend and bled into each other. One moment I couldn’t tell one person from the others. I looked out the window, a sharp pain in the gut of my stomach. What was I doing?
“Could I get you something to drink sir?”
“A beer would be nice.”
“Can I see your ID?” she said softly.
“Well it was worth the try, water would be great.”
“Right away.”
She walked off and my eyes went back to the window, flashes of whatever cities and states we were passing. The hot stewardess came back with the water; I leaned over to grab it. The little box in my pocket pressing against the side of my body. Once she walked away I pulled the little black box, I slowly opened the box scared that some kind of animal was going to pop out and bite my head off. I grabbed the diamond ring and held it between my fingers. My eyes just scanning around it, what the fuck was I doing? Here I was on a plane going to Los Angeles to see Kylie. And that little ring in my hand, well I was planning on asking her to marry me. I loved this girl, more than anything. When Lisa showed up at my house and randomly kissed me, I saw the look on Kylie’s face. I tried to call, text, see her anything but she didn’t let me. She just got on the next plane to LA and she was out of there.
“Who’s the lucky girl?”
I looked over at the sweet old lady that I switch seat with, she wanted window so she could see everything, and I’ve already seen everything.
“My high school sweetheart.”
“Awwwh honey, tell me all about her!”
I spend hours telling her about my life, everything. It felt good to be able to just spill out everything to a complete stranger. It was almost freeing. I watched her face go through many emotions, but the constant was a smile, the same smile I had on my face while I told her the story. Finally the plane landed and my heart started to pound even harder.
“You have a lot of apologizing to do.”
“I do”, I said smiling at her.
“Hope you get what you came here for.”
“Me too.”
With a hug goodbye I was off to find her apartment. After getting lost a couple of times I finally got there. I took my shaking hand and knocked softly. No answer. I did it again and once again there was no answer. I repeated this for a couple of more times and I got nothing at all. I sat down on the floor outside the door and leaned against the wall and let my sleepy eyes close. I was awoken by laughing, I let my sleepily eyes open. I looked up and saw Kylie holding hands with that Michael guy, smiles all around. My heart sank to my stomach and wanted to through up.
“Alex?”
“Hey”, I said awkwardly standing up and putting my hands in my pockets.
“Uh what are you doing here?”
“I was just in town.”
“Right?” she said looking confused.
“Hey babe I’m just going to get going.”
“Okay.”
I watched her lean in and kiss him and then him walking away, looking back at me with such a hate in his eyes.
“So can you tell me the truth as to why you are here?” she asked getting closer.
“So you and him are together?”
“Uh yeah”, she said thrown back.
“Does he make you happy?”
“What?” she asked getting annoyed.
“Does he make you happy?”
“Yeah, he makes me happy. But what the fuck are you doing here?”
“I told you, I was in town.”
“Oh”, she said standing there looking a bit disappointed and to be honest so was I.
We stood there in awkward silence, looking around, looking at just about everything but each other. Finally I looked at her and she pulled out her phone and looked down at a text, and I saw her smile big. A genuine smile, something I haven’t gotten her to do in the longest time. She texted back, I assumed it was from Michael. Jack’s words were running through my head and confusion was all I knew at this point of time.
“So I just wanted to say sorry.”
“Sorry?”
“Yes, sorry. I’m sorry for everything; I didn’t want you to leave the way you did. I hope we can be friends.”
“Yeah, friends”, she said shaking her head.
“Friends it is”, I said putting out my hand.
She looked at my hand, just staring at it. Finally after a few seconds she put her hand in mine. Her soft skin against mine, I wanted to cry there and then.
“You deserve to be happy”, I said with a smile and then walking past her.
“Alex?”
“Yeah?” I asked turning around with hope in my heart.
“He makes me really happy.”
I nodded, not wanting to talk because I knew the tears that were starting in my eyes were going to strain my voice. I walked out into the cold air, feeling the tears slowly slipping from my face. “If you love her, you have to let her go.” I kept hearing Jack say in my head, over and over again. I love her, I let her go.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hope you enjoy.
I might just make this the finale, let me know what i should do?