Change

Chapter 1

Change. How is it that things change so fast? People say change is good, things happen for a reason, it's for the better, but I just don't see how this is good. Let me take you back to the beginning...

3 Days Ago

"Alicia! We have to go, we're going to miss the plane!" Dave yelled up the stairs. I grabbed my bags, running downstairs as fast as I could. Dave grabbed my bags, shoving them in the back of our Ford Fiesta, and hurrying to get in the drivers seat. As soon as I got in and closed the door we were off, speeding down the highway towards Sydney International Airport. Suddenly, a black SUV comes plummeting towards us, at 120 m/ph. I scream, covering my eyes, before I hear a loud crash, the sound of metal on metal, and feel my head being pushed backwards forcefully. A ringing sound starts around me, followed by screams and yells for help, before everything goes black...

I open my eyes suddenly at the dream of the crash that killed my brother 3 months ago. I sit up and hop out of bed, hearing Sam stir next to me. I look at the clock on the wall. 2.36am. I sigh and head towards the bathroom. On the way, I notice Sam's phone flashing. I pick it up, 3 missed messages. Curious, I open them.

From: Juliette
I had fun tonight, we should try it again sometime.

From: Juliette
I can't stop thinking about your body, those perfect abs, the way you feel inside me... How about lunch tomorrow?

From: Juliette
Or you could tell your wife you got caught up at work and we could go to a hotel... Let me know ;)


"That little bitch..." I mutter, turning around, chucking Sam's phone at him, yelling, "HOW LONG?"

"Whaa...?" Sam mutters, stirring awake.

"How long, have you been cheating on me?" I say through gritted teeth.

"3 months..." He replies quietly.

"You mean, you started... when he died?!" I screamed, picking up the lamp beside me and chucking it at him, missing and hitting the wall behind him. "While I was lying in a hospital bed, comatose for two weeks, you were out, FUCKING SOMEONE ELSE?! Juliette who?" I asked, inching closer.

"Jones..." He whispered, barely audible.

"Juliette Jones? No, you must be kidding... you mean to say, while I was lying in a hospital bed, comatose, you were fucking my twin sister?!" I stomped out of the room and down the hall to the kitchen, thrashing out and throwing all the plates and pots and pans in site on the floor, finally sinking down to the ground, hugging my knees and sobbing uncontrollably. This wasn't how it was supposed to be. Dave should be alive. Juliette should be there for me. Sam should be faithful. But that's not how it is. I give up. I Can't do it anymore. I'm never going to love another human being. Family, or friend, doesn't matter. It's over. True romance is dead, I shot it in the chest and in the head.

Change. Sometimes it isn't good.
♠ ♠ ♠
True romance is dead, I shot it in the chest and in the head - Fall Out Boy lyrics. I do not own.
Everything else I do :]
Comments would be awesome :]