‹ Prequel: Force of Nature

Laws of Nature

seven

Things where quiet again two weeks later. Amelia came over every day for two hours, at first it was to apologize for her mates behavior to her and then it was to hang out and watch movies or talk.

Except as the days went on, Lillian couldn't help but think that she was abandoning her child and forgetting about getting him back. So, when she woke up the next morning she went to Darryn.

“Could I borrow one of your cars?”

“Why?”

“I need to take care of a few things in town. I'll only be a few hours, please?”

Opening his desk drawer he pulled out a set of keys, “Use the Acura. Take as long as you want but please don't crash this one.”

“I won't even turn the radio on, I promise.” She said as she took the keys from him and left the office quickly.

She was about to walk out the door when Amelia came strutting in, “Hey! Where are you going?”

“To town,” She said as she tried to walk out.

“Great, I'll go with you.”

“No!” She yelled, before looking down. “Sorry for yelling. I need to talk care of a few things that I don't want anyone around for. I'm sorry you came all the way over here to hang out but it was last minute stuff.”

Amelia just smiled, “Thats alright. I'll just bug my brother. Have fun with your errands.”

“Thanks,” Lillian muttered, knowing that it wasn't going to fun in any way.

Getting into the car that Darryn had assigned her to, she pulled around all the other cars and began her little journey up north.

x x – x x – x x

She pulled into the small driveway in front of the moderately sized from and sat there looking at it. She use to love this house, she used to love how no matter what you did or where you went inside it someone was always there. Now she couldn't imagine living there again.

Getting out of the car she went up to the door and pounded on it, not stopping until she heard footsteps from the other side. When the door was yanked open, she hadn't expected to see Travis standing there, “What the hell are you doing here? I thought I told you not to show your mutated self around here anymore.”

“I want my son,” she told him, ignoring his words as she looked into his eyes.

“My son isn't going anywhere with you so you. Now get the hell out of here.”

“Or what? You'll hit me?” She laughed bitterly. “Been there, done that, haven't you Trav. Now give me my son because I rain all types of hell on your head.”

“You wouldn't know how half-breed. Now get the hell away from my house and if you so much as look at it again you won't have the chance to ever threaten me again.” He shoved her shoulder hard, sending her reeling back as he slammed the door and locked it.

“So help me god, Travis. I'm going to kill you!” She yelled as she steadied herself and hurried back to her car. She knew that he would hurt her, probably kill her and bury her body in the backyard if she gave him the chance. Though, now she knew he wasn't going to give up her baby without a fight, meaning she was going to have to sneak in and take him without Travis knowing it until they were long gone.

x x – x x – x x

She tossed the keys onto the entry way table and went down the stairs into the game room, she needed some distraction and Rurik and Adrik always seemed to be able to distract her more than anyone ever had in her entire life. She assumed it was because they bickered over the littlest things.

“Lillian, lyubov moya. Come sit down and watch me beat Rurik until he cries like a woman-child.” Adrik said happily as his wrestler man body slammed Rurik's.

“He is only winning because he cheats. If anyone is going to cry like a woman-child, it will be him.” The twin rebuked as he guy bounced off the ropes of the ring and close lined his brother.

The fight last only a few minutes longer before Adrik's character got Rurik's on the ground and put him in a hold that caused him to tap out. “Ha!” Adrik said in defeat before turning and began to hit his brother's arm. “See! He cries like a woman-child.” Adrik said to Rurik's protests.

“Alright boys, making each other cry isn't going to prove your manliness to anyone... Well except yourselves.”

Both men scoffed before Adrik sat next to her, putting his arm around her shoulder. “You were sad when you came down the stairs. Why?”

“No. I was just thinking.”

“Then you were thinking of something that made you sad,” Rurik said sitting on her other side. “Where did you come from?”

“I went to town.”

Adrik tsked her, “Do not lie. Amelia got back about an hour ago and said that she did not see you and she was worried that you may have got lost.”

Taking a deep breath looked down, “I don't want to talk about it.”

“Whatever it is, we can help.” Adrik told her. “It will help to talk about it.”

Lillian knew she was fighting a losing battle and maybe they could help, or she hoped so because once she opened that can of worms there was no closing it. “I have a son.” When both men only sat there she groaned. “I knew I shouldn't have said anything.”

“No. Where is he?”

“His father has him...” Lillian said, not wanting to reveal anymore unless they asked.

“Why?” both said at the same time.

“He won't let me near him because I'm only half of what he is. He says I'm making his son stupid and hate him when Travis does that all by himself.” Lillian defended, “Tanner isn't stupid though, he's just a slow learner.”

Adrik and Rurik looked at each other for a brief second before Rurik asked, “How old is he?”

“Almost a year. “ She sighed and leaned back, putting her hand over her eyes. “Look, I don't want you guys to start a pack war over me or something. I've already seriously fucked stuff up that I shouldn't have.”

The twins started to converse in Russian, most likely ignoring her before Adrik stood, “We will talk to Darryn.”

“No! I don't want him to know.” When Adrik took her hand and tried to pull her from the sofa she resisted. “Please, I don't want him to know.”

“Then I will talk to Darryn,” he told her sternly before releasing her hand and heading for the stairs.