‹ Prequel: Force of Nature

Laws of Nature

eight

Lillian raced after Adrik, not wanting him to say anything to Darryn. “Adrik, please.” She pleaded, “Don't ruin this for me! I can handle it, I'm going to get him back. Please don't say anything to Darryn.”

“Darryn must know. He will be able to help.”

“No he can’t! Please Adrik.” She placed herself in front of him to stop him. “Please don’t.”

Adrik looked her over and shook his head, “I'm sorry, lyubov moya.” He brushed past her and right into Darryn's study.

Lillian sighed and pressed her face against the wall just outside his study. She stood there until the door of the study was thrown open and Darryn asked. “Why didn't you say anything?”

“It's my problem. I'm going to deal with it on my own.”

“No, you're not. You may not have been part of a real pack before but this is how it works. If you have a problem, you come to me and I help deal with it. Nothing goes on that I don't have a part of. Now you will let me, and my betas take you to wherever the hell your previous pack is and we will get your child back.”

“And exactly how do you plan to help me? Storm into another's territory and demand that they hand over my son or you'll eat them? It’s his territory, the second you step onto it he can attack you unprovoked and Travis isn't one for peaceful talking.”

Darryn set his hand against the wall and looked into her eyes, “We're gonna get your son and no one will be hurt in the process.” Turning he looked at Adrik. “Get your brother to pull the SUV out and you go get Kale. No matter how much I hate to admit it he needs to come along just in case.”

Adrik nodded and left and Lillian glared at Darryn. “Violence begets violence.”

“Then we won't be violent unless they come after us,” Darryn told her. “You need to understand that you are part of this pack and we will go to great lengths to see you happy. Now go get into the car.”

Lillian glared but did as she was told, going out to the SUV that Rurik was sitting in waiting. She got into the passenger’s seat and sat in the middle, “Why is he so pushy?”

“He is alpha, it is in his nature.” Rurik told her as he turned off the radio. “He does not mean to be... er.. overbearing, yes? He is just protective of everyone, mostly the females of the pack. He feels he must protect them and keep them happy.”

“He has a hero complex,” she stated.

“He is the way he is,” he stopped talking as the passenger side door opened and Darryn got in. Followed by Adrik, Kale, and Amelia getting into the back seat.

“I don't see why you're coming, Ame.”

“Because my loving and caring mate said I could.” With a grin she pressed a kiss to his cheek. “And because if I didn't come you two would definitely kill each other.”

Kale grumbled something under his breath as Rurik drove them away from the house and towards the interstate. “So this is how it’s gonna go,” Darryn began. “Lillian and I will be in the lead, Adrik and Rurik you two stay behind us and Amelia stays with Kale in the back. No violence unless necessary, lets try to do this peacefully.”

“There is no peaceful approach with Travis.” Lillian stated. “He has to have the last word and he gets what he wants, even if he has to kill to get it.”

“Just do what I say and everything will be fine,” Darryn assured her.

Lillian gave the directions to the house, telling Rurik where exactly to turn until she was sitting outside the house again. She couldn't help but worry about what Travis would do and how many of them would get hurt over her problems. She went to argue with Darryn about it again but he just stopped her. “Stop it, Lil. We're gonna get your son back and you're not gonna talk me out of it.”

When Darryn opened the door, everyone else did the same getting out of the car and closing the doors. She was resistant as Darryn slowly lead her towards the door of her previous home. It was just getting dark so the lights inside were on, showing movements within the house causing her stomach to knot.

When they got to the door Darryn knocked and Lillian just hoped that hell wouldn't break lose.
♠ ♠ ♠
Its short but its an update. I wrote the whole thing last night so yeah. The next update shouldn't take nearly as long seeing as I'm already almost done with it. Sorry for the wait.