Couldn't Love Me Even if You Tried

2

The dark scenery made my eyes strain as I tried to make out what we were passing, and particularly where we were currently. My headphones were placed in my ears to keep me occupied for the hour or so drive.

I had always wanted something crazy to happen, to bring down a huge tenfold of excitement and events into my life. Create something that I'd be crazy over, but this?

Never in my life did I ever think that I'd be in some kind of arranged marriage with some, trouble maker boy who's parents thought that him settling down with no choice would help him. What kind of morons were they? Honestly, I didn't think my parents were really forcing me into this, more of helping out their good friends in a way I suppose.

However what if the prospect of me settling down unnerved him? What then, what if he flipped out and the knack for trouble arose like crazy.

Another thing was, how the hell do I manage with a boy. I didn't really pay much attention to boys throughout my years in school. Even ignored any 'ogling stares' which were thrown my way. I hadn't found much interest in the boys around where I lived, or went to school with.

I had my computer, my books, video games. What did I need a boyfriend for when I'd never spend time with him, or whatever. I didn't even really pay much attention to the girls who talked to me. I didn't even know their names, but I'd sit with them and talk during lunch and in class.

The car jolted, knocking me out of my thoughts and I looked out my window. We drove up a long driveway to a house that was illuminated by soft lights. It gave me a sense of, well, comfort almost.

Once the car had been parked I had the door beside me open, before my mom could turn to talk to me a little. What for really? It's better to just get all of this done and over with, at least that's what I thought.

I waited by the back of the car waiting for my dad to pop the trunk. When he did I grabbed the three bags I'd shoved most of my important things into and followed my mom to the front door. I watched her look back at me before ringing the small circular button to the side of the door.

Through the door I could hear a woman on the phone getting closer and closer.

"So your flight is getting in around twelve tomorrow then?" And the door opened.

The woman smiled and took the phone away for a brief second, greeting and ushering the three of us into the warmth of her home. She continued her phone call, but led us into the living room.

I left my bags at the front door, to get rid of the extra weight that was making me stumble around.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm really bored, and listening to Saosin.

Anyways this is the house.