Couldn't Love Me Even if You Tried

22

I was comfortable, even in the position that I was in. My body tangled up with Oliver's with my face on his chest. Today was a day that I didn't want to get up and deal with things just yet, but of course with the wedding kind of around the corner I had been put into 'wedding mode' with all the planning.

Even Oliver had to ditch the guys and the music area of his life. I wasn't sure how I felt about it, cause it could make him mad and I didn't want him to suddenly turn and freak out on me for ruining his life or anything.

Arms tightened around me and I looked up meeting his eyes. He looked happy as he stared at me, and I smiled into the kiss he gave me as a morning greeting. I felt every muscle in his body tense as he stretched with me still laying on him.

"Today's gonna be a busy day huh?" He said running a hand through my hair.

"Yeah, I'm not really looking forward to it," I said sighing.

He grabbed my face and made me look at him, "It's all worth it though,"

"I know, but it's just so much work! Not only that but it's frustrating," I huffed, pushing my face back into his chest.

His chest rumbled with the slight laugh he let out. It's kind of been awhile since we've been able to just lay around like this, but of course this wouldn't be lasting much longer cause I had to go to a couple of places with his mom to figure some more shit out for the wedding.

"Mmm, I should probably go shower," I yawned out.

He nodded, and then a devilish grin spread across his face.

"I think I'm going to join you," he said grabbing onto my hips as he followed me into the bathroom.

He closed the door behind us, and I went over to the bathtub. I turned both of the knobs making the water fairly warm and pulled on the shower lever. The sound of running water met my ears, and Oliver ripping off the shirt he was wearing met my eyes.

After blinking, slightly stunned I slowly tore off my own clothes. Without hesitating I jumped into the warm water, hoping that it would suddenly hide me from Oliver. It was funny actually, the amount of time that we've been together and we still hadn't done anything.

In fact, it was a thing that I'd absolutely lost my mind about. What a scary concept though. I knew that at some point in time it would surely happen, but the current thought of it made my stomach bubble with anxiety.

It was like my stomach had overflowed with the bubbles when I felt Oliver against my back. He rested his head on my shoulder and stood there for a moment or two.

"Oli, I really gotta make this quick," I said.

"I know," he said pulling away.

I washed my hair, and did everything else and was about to step out when Oliver grabbed onto me. He pulled me closer until I was against him and when he kissed me an almost shudder ran up my spine pushing me closer to him.

I tried calming down my nerves enough to say something, but my heart and breathing felt as if they were both going over the 'speed' limit.

"I love you, have a good day," he said.

I looked up at him and smiled, trying to get the feeling he gave me out of my mind.

"Love you too, I'll try," was my reply.

I sighed as I grabbed a towel and wiped my body with it. After wrapping it around my body I walked across the hall into Oliver's room. It didn't take me long to find something to wear. I blew a bunch of air out of my mouth and walked down the stairs, already hearing Carol talking on the phone.

"Good morning Amelia," she greeted, offering a warm muffin with butter on it.

I took it, saying a small thank you before sitting down in front of her. She wasn't on the phone for much longer, and when she hung up she asked me if I was ready to head out.

"Yeah I'm all good to go," I said.

I absentmindedly followed her out to her car. I pulled on the seat belt and she started up the engine. After a minute she pulled out and we were on our way to finish up with the wedding planning.

There wasn't much time left until I would be Amelia Sykes instead of Amelia Jenkins, and even that was enough to have me on edge. Among everything else, being married followed with other things in a relationship, and Oliver made me nervous to no end still.
♠ ♠ ♠
Well, that's that.

Anyone liking the new layout?
I've also added a character page cause I don't want my story to get suspended cause that would be a huge piss off, and I guess it makes it easier when/if you want to see the characters real quickly or whatever.

Also thanks to anyone who has left me comments to read, and thanks for the subscribes.