Infiltrated

Chapter 1

I started feeling sick and empty inside. My stomach was hurting. My skin felt raw and tingly. The sound of gunshots and explosions, the screams of the dying soldiers all around me. I ran through the barracks towards the front line, the smell of decaying, rotten bodies swirling up through my nose. The stench making me gag and the explosions creating a ringing in my ears.

"Sergeant! The Germans are closing in, we're losing men fast, we need to pull back!" I yelled at Sergeant Smith, firing a round towards some German snipers up in the hill. "They have the upper hand, sir!"

"General my orders are to stay where we are at all costs, I can't disobey the president!"

"Sir we are running out of men! The casualties are rising by the 100's, we aren't going to have any soldiers left by morning!" Another scream came from the soldier to the left of me, falling backwards.

"General you are meant to be off, go write to your wife!"

"But sir!"

"Go!" I ran out back, to the barracks, more and more dead falling around me. I sat down at a small desk we had and got out a piece of parchment, a pen and an inkwell, starting to write.

My darling Isabella,
Conditions are worsening, Frank was shot today, James had a breakdown, and we are slowly losing all our soldiers, I doubt anyone will be left by morning. How far along are you? 6 months? I've lost track of time. I don't see myself getting out alive... Tell my little Sammy I love him, attached are some letters for him, hopefully they will help him have the life he deserves. I love y
-

I heard a gunshot being fired, and felt a sharp pain in the back of my head. The German had infiltrated our base. Everything went black, as I slowly rose up above my body and into the smokey clouds above.
♠ ♠ ♠
Kinda short.
Comments would be awesome.
:]