Status: trying to make weekly uploads

It's Not the End of the World

Day Two

Well we've all pretty much decided to just stay inside the high school. Yesterday we went outside to see what all was going on, and became the witnesses to extreme chaos. It seems as if everyone in the city has lost their minds. There were people crashing cars into light poles, throwing rocks threw windows, and starting fires. After absorbing the scene unfolding around us we turned around and ran as fast as we could back to the sanctuary of the high school; funny how a building that used to be the bane of our existence is now our safe haven.
Once we got into the school Jeremy, Michael, and Shawn took some wood from the shop classroom and boarded up the windows in the front of the building, leaving the few in the back uncovered so that we can still see outside. Later on in the evening Anna and Lucy went to the girls’ locker room to gather hygiene supplies, while Carrie and I went to the kitchen in the cafeteria to take inventory. Afterwards Michael and Anna went into the teacher’s lounge and broke open the food vending machine. since that stuff would expire before the frozen and canned foods Carrie and I found in the cafeteria we decided to eat mainly the vending machine goodies with a little bit of food from the cafeteria. Simply to stretch our supplies out because we have no idea how long this is going to last.
We all slept in the library last night; it’s the warmest room in the school. There are enough classrooms for us each to have our own space, but I think we’re all still too scared to be alone. Today I think we’re going to find more supplies and start organizing and categorizing it all. I hope today will have less excitement than yesterday; I never want to see a scene like the one we witnessed yesterday ever again.