Status: trying to make weekly uploads

It's Not the End of the World

Day Three

Today marks our third day living in the high school. I would’ve been taking a math benchmark test today if not for all this hoopla. Now, I’m just writing this blog and watching the minutes roll by. Shawn and Lucy have gone somewhere, to look for supplies maybe; we have yet to come up with a way to wash clothes so they could be looking for something to remedy that. Carrie, Anna, and I have been playing cards off and on since we found them in Mrs. Roger’s desk this morning; I think it was around 7. It’s starting to sink in that we may never be able to go home, at least not to the home we’ve always known. I heard Michael crying last night in his sleep; I know he was crying because I was too.
I feel really bad for Michael. Elizabeth, the one who totally lost it, had been his girlfriend since freshman year, they were inseparable. I heard that they were applying to all the same colleges because they couldn’t imagine life without each other; which is understandable considering they’d been seeing each other, and only each other, for nearly four whole years. I mean that’s a long time, like a quarter of my life. Anyways….
I just realized I haven’t told you guys much about me, granted no one may be reading this, but I like to believe there are still people out there searching for other people who are also trapped in this crazy new world. So here it goes, my name is Marigold, I’m a Virgo, and I like to take long walks on the beach. Just kidding, my name is Marigold and I am a Virgo, but I would be bored to death simply walking on the beach. I like the beach and everything, I just like to have active entertainment, or be entertaining someone else. Err…well I did; now I’m content to write this blog, play card games, and take inventory of stuff. Man, this new world bites.
First people throw lunch trays, then they destroy the school, and then they wreak havoc on the city. What’s next, they couldn’t possibly be able to destroy the world, or could they? Oh great now I’m going to be freaking out about possible world destruction for the rest of the day.
I think I’m going to see if Carrie, Anna, Jeremy, or Michael want to help me clean this place up a bit. Cleaning is a very good distraction for me. Plus, if this is going to be our new home, we should start treating it as such.
After Michael, Carrie, and I cleaned a few of the hallways up and made the space more acceptable for human habitation, we decided to go out into the back field. It has a fence around is so we assumed it would be safe. Mainly we were just going stir crazy stuck inside the school all day.
That was a mistake. No we didn’t get attacked by crazed, but there were at least a hundred dead birds strewn across the field. I don’t know the exact breed, but if I had to guess I would say pigeons. Let me tell you it is a pretty disturbing sight. I am not a fan of birds, but I never wanted to see this many of them dead, especially not in one place. Carrie and Michael ran back inside, screaming for the others to come and see; however, was paralyzed with fear. This is what my day ended with, talk about having some serious bird flu nightmares tonight.