Status: Completed One-Shot

Hey Brittany

Hey Brittany

I knocked on Brittany’s door softly. Surprisingly, she heard it and came to answer it. She smiled when she saw me.
“Hey, Jonathan.” She moved so I could come in.
After she closed the door, she jumped on me, wrapping her legs around my waist, kissing me.
“Are you sure he’s not gonna be showing up like last time?” I asked quietly.
“Positive.” She said, kissing me again.
My phone vibrated. I sighed and took it out, seeing a text from Jake, Brittany’s fiancee.
Hey, whatcha doin tonite? I hope it’s me ;)
Fuck. Torn between them both.
“Who’s it from?” Brittany asked, trying to see the text.
I dropped her softly to her feet. “It’s Kent; he wants to hang out and practice with the band before we leave for tour.”
“Are you going to?” Brittany asked, giving me puppy eyes that said she wanted me to say no.
“Sorry, babe, but tour’s only a couple days away, and we’ve only had one other practice besides this, so I think we need this.” I said, giving her a small peck.
She sighed, looking discouraged. “Alright, I guess. Text me when you’re done, then?”
“Absolutely.” I kissed her passionately before going out of the house to my car. I texted Jake back.
I’ll be over there in a few <3
I started the car and drove off, going a couple blocks down to Jake’s house.
This whole love triangle business is kind of confusing. Brittany was engaged to Jake, but Jake was by boyfriend, and Brittany was just a best friend with benefits. I don’t even know why Jake is still wanting to get married to her, anyways, he doesn’t love her anymore, and she obviously doesn’t love him as much as she used to, since she’s always insisting on getting with me. In the end, it comes down to me basically leading a double life relationship-wise, and it gets really frustrating. Not to mention that Brittany knows nothing about Jake and I and Jake knows nothing about Brittany and I. He doesn’t even know that I know Brittany, and vise versa. I’ve wanted to break it off with Brittany for a while now, because she’s so clingy and our relationship was nothing but physical attraction. I easily choose Jake over her, because our relationship is so much deeper than mine with Brittany.
I parked my car and got out, going into Jake’s house.
“Hey, where are you?” I called out, not seeing him in the living room.
“Kitchen!” He yelled as I heard the microwave go off.
I smiled and went into the kitchen, seeing Jake taking a bowl of ramen out of the microwave. He looked at me and smiled, sneaking a kiss before dumping the water. “So what took you so long?”
“My dog threw up on the carpet right as I texted you, sorry.” I lied, leaning up against the counter, stuffing my hands in my pockets. Coming up with excuses was so easy, since I had to do it so much.
“Awww, is she sick?” Jake asked, looking back at me.
“No, she just got into something that didn’t agree with her stomach. She’s okay now.” I said, smiling.
“That’s good.” He said, adding the packet of chicken flavoring to the steamy noodles. “So what do you wanna do?” He asked, stirring everything together.
I shrugged. “What do you have in mind?” I asked, giving him a suggestive glance.
“Well, I already told you what I wanted to do.” He said, setting his food down and coming over by me, running his finger down my chest.
I kissed him, putting one hand on his cheek. “I think I wanna do that, too.”
“Can I finish my ramen first?” He asked, sounding adorable and innocent.
I pinned him against the counter. “I don’t think I can wait that long. Besides, it needs time to cool off.” I said seductively.
He smirked and attacked me with his kisses. I kept myself pressed up against him as we really started getting into it.
“What the hell?”
We both jumped away from each other and looked in the direction the voice came from.
Oh shit.
“Brittany?” We both asked in unison. Jake looked at me, confused, but I didn’t give any notice to him, keeping my eyes on Brittany, who looked pissed and confused.
“Jake? Jonathan? What the...since...” She stuttered, not knowing how to form her question.
“Lets go...sit down.” Jake said slowly.
Brittany and I followed Jake into the living room, where we all sat on the floor. Once I noticed that no one was going to talk anytime soon, I broke the awkward silence.
“Okay, so, what’s all happening here, since I’m the only one that knows everything. I’m with Jake, even though you’re engaged to him. You were with me even though you were engaged to Jake. I haven’t really been feeling anything real strong between us lately, so I think I’m gonna break it off with you, Brittany.” I started.
“Brittany, why were you messing with me? You said that there was no one else.” Jake asked, not sounding as mad about it as I thought he would be.
All she did was shrug. “My feelings for you aren’t what they used to be.”
Jake sighed, and turned to me. “Why didn’t you tell me anything?”
I looked at the floor. “I honestly have no idea. I didn’t want to ruin a good thing, I guess.”
“Well you don’t have to worry about that anymore.” Brittany said, taking off her engagement ring and tossed it to Jake, who caught it with an indifferent attitude. She left the house without a word to either of us.
There was a slight tension between Jake and I.
“So...what’s happening. With us. Are we ending it, are we staying together, what?” I asked, since it was really up to him, since I was the piece of shit that kept him in the dark the whole time.
He sighed and looked at me, smiling a little. “I think our relationship is so strong...that this whole thing doesn’t have to affect us at all.”
I kissed him. Those were all the words I wanted to hear.
♠ ♠ ♠
Again, here's the contest: Forever The Sickest Song-Fic!

Title Credit: Hey Brittany - Forever The Sickest Kids