Sing To Me

There's No Such Thing as Temporary

17
The first song was called ‘If You Were Here’. That could mean anything. You know? It was good, had a sad sort of way about it. The second was called ‘Go Karts’ Jason really likes go karts so that makes sense. It was definitely more upbeat. What got me was the third one. I had to pull over because I started crying. It was called ‘There’s No Such Thing As Temporary’. I think that one was a little obvious if none of the others were.
~*~
A couple lines were:
You went and left me
But the truth is
There’s no such thing as temporary
There’s no such thing as temporary
I haven’t seen you for a while
I miss your beautiful smile
You say you have to go
Please don’t make it so
*there was a slight pause and Jason spoke in a normal voice*
And frankly girl, I love you.
Oh there’s no such thing as temporary
There’s no such thing as temporary
~*~
I cried for about twenty minutes before I finally started up the car and drove home. What really got me is that the song was just guitar. It was all Jason. If you remember when he has an extra special song he’ll do it all by himself. This is the special song. And it’s about me.
I buried myself in my bed. What am I going to do? I have another movie I’ll be starting in a couple months.
~*~
*The Award Show*
I had on a maroon floor length gown with my hair hanging down in curls. I grabbed my hand bag and we headed to the awards. Another trip down the red carpet. Every girl’s dream.
I got there and started doing interviews. It was all mostly how it feels to be here and if I’m excited and how great I look. Then one interviewer got brave.
“So Carla! I saw Missing Identity earlier. They are all excited to see you again. Are you excited to see them?”
“Yes very! I mean I miss them all so much and I haven’t really had time to keep in contact.”
“Oh hey! They’re right over there! We should bring them over!”
Before I could protest she got them over. I saw Jenny first. Her hair is a lot longer. So is mine. My reddish brown hair is now down to the middle of my back. She immediately brightened up and hugged me. “Carla! You look beautiful!”
“Thanks so do you!”
“I saw your movie and you were brilliant!”
“Thank you so much!”
I gave everyone else hugs including Jason. I had to make it look like it wasn’t the most painful moment of my life.
We all got interviewed then moved on. We separated after that and made our way down the red carpet.
We finally got inside and took our seats. There were lots of performers on the list tonight. Missing Identity being one of them. They are performing two songs off their new CD. Great.
Jenny and I sat together while they went and got ready. The hosts came out and started us off. They described what was going to be happening and then introduced the first performer. Missing Identity is a little later in the show.
The first category came on but we weren’t in it. I just talked to Jenny.
“So how has everything been?” I asked.
“Great! Tyler and I are going to get married!”
“No way!”
“Yeah were sending out invitations and you’re on the list.”
“Really?”
“Of course!”
“What else has been happening?”
“Well We all really miss you. Jason especially.”
I looked down. “Yeah.”
“Have you listened to the new CD?”
“I only got to the third song.”
“Oh I see.” She must know what it is and what I’m talking about it. “Yeah well he couldn’t get his mind off you to write new things for the album so we just adjusted.”
“I see.”
We continued to talk for a while and before we knew it Missing Identity was starting. They started out with a song I never got to listen to. Jenny said was called That One Girl. Lovely. Well people really seemed to like it.
After that was over they had one more they were going to perform. I crossed my fingers hoping it wouldn’t be There’s No Such Thing As Temporary. No such luck. The rest of the band left and it was just Jason on his acoustic.
What’s worse it this time it’s live. It hit me even harder this time. Yes, I cried. I tried my best to hide it.
The torture was finally over. There was an eruption of cheers. He bowed and went out. After a couple minutes the band showed up at the table. I tried not to make eye contact with Jason, but one time I couldn’t help but look over at him. He was looking at me. I quickly averted my eyes, but now he’s seen.
The awards went by quickly. I won an award for best new actress and our film got an award for the music and best supporting actor. It was a great night. I went to the after party and tried my best to avoid Jason to no avail.
I felt someone grab my arm at one point. I whipped around and saw him. “Carla can we talk sometime?”
“I don’t know can we?” I said laughing. There were still people around.
“We walked to a more private area. “Carla I would really like to talk some time. We didn’t exactly end on a good note.”
“That’s true.”
“How about coffee tomorrow?”
“I don’t like coffee.”
“I know. You can order a hot chocolate.”
I thought for a second. “Fine.”
He hugged me quickly. “It’s really great to see you.”
“Yeah you too.”
Awkward moment over! He walked away and I went the rest of the night fretting about tomorrow. Oh joy.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey please let me know what you think of the story. I really need opinions! Just shoot a short comment my way. =)