Status: Rewriting

When Worlds Collide

First Meetings and Revelations

-Jasmine-

"Jasmine, I'd like you to go to the third floor, office 202, and pick up a file from Dr. Cullen, pertaining to a patient he sent our way this morning."
"Yes Dr. Karim." I said in my most professional voice.
"Third floor, office 202, Dr. Cullen, third floor, office 202, Dr. Cullen, nut patient." I muttered to myself as I waited for the elevator.
I did not need Dr. K mad at me because I forget information again. I stopped my personal mantra once someone joined me in the elevator. Last thing I needed was to be mistaken as an escapee patient instead of a lowly little intern. I got off on the third floor and began my extensive search for office 202. I looked around me with a bewildered expression. I tried to tune out the noise to help me concentrate. It came down to a dull hum.

"You look lost. Can I help you find something?" A boy who couldn't be older than 18 asked. I stared at him; he was gorgeous....and silent. He gave me an odd expression. I mentally slapped myself. Get ahold of yourself Jazz! Stop staring at the jail bait!

I smiled, "Yeah, I'm looking for office 202. It belongs to a Dr...uh..."

"Cullen?" He offered.

"Yeah! My boss would kill me if I forgot something again!"

"I'm actually on my way there myself. I'll show you."

"Thank you so much..."

"Edward." He smiled.

"Edward, I'm Jazz." I said.

"Hello Jazz. I don't believe I've seen you here before."

I laughed. “Do you hang out in hospitals often?"

He grinned, "Not quite. Dr. Cullen is my father. Right in here." He ended motioning to a door to my right.

"Ah. Well I just moved here. Today is only my second day working here. Thank you." I said as he held the door open for me. I took a deep breath and went into work mode. Edward knocked on the door.

"Come in. Hello Edward." Dr. Cullen smiled.

Hello Dr. Feelgood! It's time for my next check up! I thought staring at the young blond doctor in front of me.

"Hello Dr. Cullen, I'm Jasmine, Dr. Karim's intern and she sent me down to retrieve a file for a patient you sent our way this morning." I said in my most professional tone.

"Hello Jasmine. Yes, here you are." He said coming around his desk handing me the manila file.

"Thank you." I said smiling "And thanks for showing me around Edward. Who knows how long I would have been wandering around and wind up getting fired in my first week!"

"You're welcome."

"Thank you again Dr. Cullen." I said walking back towards the elevators.

-Edward-

"What's the matter son?" Carlisle asked as I stared at the empty doorway Jasmine had just vacated.

"I can't hear her." I whispered.

"That can mean many things Edward.” I nodded and prayed he was right.

-Jasmine-

I sighed throwing my jacket on the back of my couch. I turned to lock the door and rubbed my temples. Who's bright idea was it to have a telepath work in a psych ward?...Oh yeah...mine.

I was starving as I made my way into my hole of a kitchen and stared at all the boxes stacked around my apartment. Which ones had the plates?

"Fuck it, I'm eating a poptart for dinner...Where's my toaster?..." I only stared blankly around me, "It's ok I wanted it cold." I said aloud to myself, getting more and more irritated as I looked around.

I grabbed a packet out of the box and threw myself on my beat up old couch. Just then my cell phone rang. Jessie flashed across the screen.

"City morgue. You stab 'em, we slab 'em." I answered my mouth full of poptart.

"Nice cuz. That's real nice."

"Oh bite me."

"Sorry you're not my type." Jessie purred through the line.

"What O Positive?" She and I laughed.

"Smart ass. How was work?"

I sighed, "Exhausting. Dr. Karim is the biggest bitch in the entire world! She needs to get laid or die…whichever comes first, though something odd happened when I went to run an errand for Dr. Karim."

"What happened?" Jessie asked in sudden big cousin mode.

"I met a guy that I couldn't read. There was just....nothing." I said waving my half eaten poptart through the air, annoyance seeping through my words.
“Well…Isn’t that kind of nice? You know, for once not having to block yourself?”
Ugh stupid big cousins always have to be right. It was nice, but it was also nerve wracking. Why was there suddenly one person I couldn’t read? Of all the people I had ever met in my life I could read them. I knew exactly what they were thinking and if I couldn’t get clear thoughts I got some sort of emotion from them. I didn’t have to guess as to what they wanted from me, but suddenly this guy comes around and there’s nothing.
“Well yeah it was kinda nice, but it threw me for a loop is all.” I answered uncertainly.

"I suppose, must suck not being the All Knowing Jasmine…What was his name?"

"Edward."

And as soon as I said his name I felt a distinct tug on my brain. The phone slipped from my hand and my vision went black. The next thing I knew I was staring at myself laying on a white couch underneath Edward Cullen making out. I gasped as I snapped back to reality.

"Jazz? Jazz you there?" I heard coming from the floor.

"Yeah I'm here...I...I just had a vision." I stammered.

"Of?" She asked curiously.

"Me and Edward Cullen making out." I said nervously. What the hell was that all about?
She laughed. "Doesn't sound too ba...Did you say Cullen?"

"Yeah." I said uneasily.

"Does he have a dad named Dr. Carlisle Cullen? Blonde? Crazy good looking?"

"Yeah Why? Jess you're worrying me."

"Don't you remember him? The dad I mean?...Well we were pretty young. He gave you stitches in your forehead when we were staying with Aunt Victoria. He came with his wife."

I could feel my eyes widen to the size of dinner plated, "Ooooh yeah! I remember now! I knew he had to be a vamp. No human is that hot."

My phone began beeping at me. Dr. K flashed across the screen.

"Jess I have to go my boss is calling." I didn't wait for a response before hanging up.

"Hello Doctor."

"Jasmine I need you to run an errand for me before you come in tomorrow. I need you to run by Pete’s Coffee House and grab me four large coffees for a meeting I have to go to."

"Yes doctor. Four large coffees, I'll see you tomorrow."

I growled. Did I look like a damn lap dog?!?
♠ ♠ ♠
I've decided to rewrite this story and (hopefully) make it better!