Status: Rewriting

When Worlds Collide

Face Off

I was beyond nervous as Alice drove me to their house. I kept ringing my hands. Finally, Alice gave a laugh as we pulled into the driveway.

“Calm down Jazz! You’re going to be fine! Just take a deep breath and come on in.” I nodded as she spoke taking a few deep breaths in and out.

We walked into the entryway to a silent house.

“No one else is here. Edward is up in his room, go up the stairs and it’s the door at the end of the hall. Just knock.” Alice said with a sly smile. She planned this whole thing! She just winked at me and she made her way toward the backyard.

I took another deep breath to steady myself and made my way up the stairs and down the hall. I paused at the door Alice told me to go to and raised my hand to knock, I dropped my hand twice before I got the nerve up to finally knock.

“Go away Alice. I don’t want to talk about it.” I heard Edward mumble from inside. I wasn’t sure what I should do so I knocked again. I heard a deep sigh and movement from within.

“Alice I told you to mind your own damn…Jasmine.” He finished as he finally looked down to see me and not his sister standing in front of him.

“Hi.” I said quietly, a blush creeping into my cheeks. “Alice…she, umm she drove me here and…I figured we could…talk.” I stammered.

“Yes of course. Uh come in.” He said just as shaken as I was.
He walked in front of me and cleared several books off a white coach that sat in front of a wall of windows. It was the very couch from my vision. It took my breath away for a moment as the visions replayed in my mind. It made my mouth go dry at the thought.

“Are you alright?” Edward asked.

“I…yeah I’m alright. You have an amazing view.”

“Thank you, but you’re not here to discuss my view.” He said with a crooked smile.

I laughed, “No, no I’m not.” I paused, “Edward I just wanted to say that…I don’t normally do things like that. I don’t just go around kissing people. I don’t want you to think less of me for it.” I rambled on until Edward grabbed my hand silencing me.

“I would never think that of you. I don’t know what came over me yesterday and I want to apologize if my actions made you uncomfortable.”

“No not at all. I mean I could have stopped you if I wanted, but I didn’t. I hope…I hope I can still see you. I mean this didn’t make things awkward did it?” I said looking up from my clasped hands to his face.

“I would love to see you again Jasmine.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Feedback?