Status: Rewriting

When Worlds Collide

Chapter 18

I slowly picked up the glass from my carpet, trying with all my might to get the beer stain out. I did not need this on top of everything else that was going on. The sharp stab of the glass digging into my flesh distracted me from everything. I threw the glass shards into a small pile next to me and continued to scrub the stain in the carpet. I ignored the small stains of blood that joined the beer stains. The rigorous scrubbing took my mind off what I really needed to focus on. I thought of Sam’s plea for my help. I thought of Edward’s look of disgust when he looked at me after learning of my past, but that was not my life anymore. He shouldn’t hold me to my past. He was a vampire I’m sure he had done many things in his past that I would have been offended by, but he didn’t see me condemning him. How could he pass such quick judgment on me? I never questioned his past. I knew with certainty that he had done many terrible things over the years. Why didn’t he grant me the same courtesy? I began to think of all the cracks that showed up in our relationship. The constant need to control my decisions, the lack of intimacy or even talk of it, it was as if Edward was trying to control everything and wished that I would not question any of his decisions. This was not what I signed up for. I became angry as I thought of everything.

I began to scrub furiously at the carpet around me. There was no way in hell I was going to get my full deposit back now. There was a knock at the door. I glared in the general direction, I didn’t want to talk to anyone right now. They knocked again. I growled as I got to my feet and tore the door open to see Sam standing on my doorstep holding a six-pack and candy.

“I figured if I came alone it might go more smoothly. Is Edward here?” Sam asked his famous puppy dog look affixed firmly to his face.

“No, he walked out on me after he found out I used to be a hunter.” I said allowing him to enter into my apartment.

“Jasmine I hope you know that is the last thing I wanted to happen. I didn’t mean to come here and tear apart your life.” Sam paused and looked at the stain on the floor, “Do you want help cleaning that up?”

I shook my head, “There’s no use. It’s not going to get any better than that.” I sat down taking the beer from Sam, he gave me his boyish smile and handed me the bag of chocolates as well.
I smiled, “Thanks Sammy. So what are you doing here?”

He took a deep breath and ran his fingers through his hair. “Strange things have been happening around here. I know you must have noticed. What have you seen?”

“Everything points to Wendigos.”

“That’s not the main reason we came to find you. We have another problem, but as we came into town, we stayed for a few days before coming over. We heard people talking in a diner, did some research and put two and two together. We plan to take it down. Are you in?”

“You know I have no problem putting down a wendigo. I was walking through the woods earlier and the wendigo played with me. So I am more than willing to kill the fucker. If you really need my help then I’m in, but I thought you two would be more then capable of doing that?” I goaded.

“Of course we are, but since you are here you know we love to have you help. Maybe this case is just what we need to get you back into the groove of hunting.” Sam said with a smile.

“Sammy I’m not a hunter anymore. I gave that shit up, but if you need help with the wendgo I will help.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Short chapter, but I am a bit stuck with this. If anyone would like to be a beta and give me comments and such I would be very grateful!