Status: Rewriting

When Worlds Collide

The Dangers of Hiking

Jasmine

It was the weekend and I had no idea what to do with myself. I was in a new state and a very small town. If there was one thing I was not used to was small towns. Before bed the night before I had researched local hangouts, and there were absolutely none to speak of. I was doomed to a life time of boredom, I could see it now! I would be spending my entire time here wasting away in my apartment!

In the end I decided to go for a hike in the extensive woods that surrounded this small town on all sides. I jumped in my car and drove along the highway looking for a good place to pull over and hike for a good distance. The rain seemed as if it would hold off for a few hours.

The one thing I didn’t count on was for me to get lost on the extensive hiking trails. By the time I realized I was lost the rain began pouring down on me. I took a deep breath and tried grounding myself before I ended up freaking myself out that I was somehow going to die in these woods, when I heard rustling in the trees in front of me. Great! I thought as my imagination began to run wild. I was going to be eaten by a bear and no one would ever know what happened to me. The last thing I expected was for Edward Cullen to come out from the trees. I stared at him for a few moments before any thoughts came to me. He was the first to speak.

“Jasmine, what are you doing here?”

“I could ask you the same.” Was all that came to my mind.

He seemed uncomfortable at the question, “I’m well….hunting. You see my family and I survive off of the blood of animals…instead of humans.” He finished lamely.

I nodded at my lack of words, “Cool.” Was all I could think of to say.

He looked at me as if I had lost my mind, “That is all you’re going to say?”

I shrugged, “What do you want me to say? I grew up in a family that ripped out other people’s throats. Nothing shocks me. Sorry.”

He gave me a smile, “Well I suppose that has to be the strangest thing I have ever heard.”

He seemed to give me a long thought as he stared at me. “You’re all wet.”

My laugh echoed in the trees around us, “Well it is raining.”

Edward seemed to give our surroundings a second glance, “You seem to be onto something here.”

“I like to think I am very observant.”

“Did you get lost?” He asked giving me a skeptical look.

I sighed, “Yeah…”

It was his turn to give a loud laugh, “Well my house isn’t far from here. Would you like for me to show you the way? I can give you a ride back to your car?”

I looked at my surrounding again. “Sure! I have no clue where I’m at anyways.”

Edward closed the gap between us and grabbed my hand. “Has anyone in your family ever done this?” He questioned as he threw me onto his back and began running at full speed through the trees. My breath was stolen from my lungs before I could answer him. Before I knew it we were coming through the back door of his family’s home.

I laughed, “Well I will admit I have never done that before!”

“Hello Jazz!” Alice exclaimed dancing down the stairs.

“Hey Alice.”

“Did you get lost in the woods?” She asked giving me a knowing look.

“I suppose there’s no point in me lying to you. Yes I did…My poor car is somewhere out there on the side of the road waiting for me.”