Status: Rewriting

When Worlds Collide

A Heart to Heart Part 1

Edward

I watched Jasmine interact so effortless with my family. She and Emmett began talking cars, Jasmine obviously surpassing him in her knowledge of automobiles. Emmett took her snide remarks of his lack of working knowledge in stride throwing an arm over her shoulders announcing she had to come over more so she could work on his jeep instead of Rose.

“It’s different when some other girl works on your car instead of your wife. It’s less embarrassing to admit!”

Jasmine laughed at this, “I suppose I could show you a thing or two.”

Even Rosalie had a small smile on her face. You would not notice it if you were not looking for it, but even Rose seemed to take this human being in our home in stride. I never expected this from her. Rose took her place next to me.

“Well, she’s an improvement.” She whispered to me.

“What are you talking about?” I whispered.

“Oh please don’t play stupid Edward. You haven’t taken your eyes off her since you two showed up. At least this one has a personality.”

“Shut up Rose.” Annoyance seeped into my voice.

“Poor boys in denial.” She laughed as she sauntered up the stairs, everyone looking up at her.

Jasmine looked to Emmett, who only looked back down at her with a shrug.

“You’ll get used to Rose. She’s not very...good with people.” Emmett said.

Jazz looked at him with a look of understanding, “Yeah sure I understand, but what was with the comment.” She asked pointing back at me.

“Hell if I know. I’m just married to the women I don’t read too much into what she’s saying.” He shrugged walking up the stairs.

“Whatever works for you man.” She called up the stairs after him shaking her head.
“So what was that all about?” She asked taking her place next to me, staring up at me expectantly.

I shook my head, “It was nothing, just Rose being Rose.”

She gave me a knowing gaze that there was something I wasn’t telling her, “Right.” She said with a smile.
“Well this has been fun, but do you think you could take me car? I need to head home and change.”

“Bye Jasmine, I’ll be seeing you soon.” Alice said all but floating to give Jazz a kiss on the cheek. She returned the kiss, nodding and smiling.

As soon as we reached the car, I turned the heater on in hopes of warming her up in her still damp clothes.

“So I figure you’re not going to tell me about what Rose was talking about and I didn’t mean to pry, you know better than anyone you can’t help what you hear at times and I don’t want to offend you, but who’s Bella?” Jasmine said in a rush putting her hands to the heater and looking at me through a curtain of wet curls nervously.

If there was anything in the world that I was expecting to come out of her mouth it was not that. I could only stare at her as she chewed her lip nervously.

“Look I’m sorry. I don’t know why I asked. It’s really none of my business anyways…just forget it.” She rambled nervously.

I put the car in drive and took off down the driveway as she rubbed her hands together in front of the heater not looking in my direction. Why did I want to tell this girl about Bella? It was just like she said, none of her business. So why did I want her to know? We pulled up next to her car sooner than either of us were expecting.

“Thanks for the ride and everything.” She mumbled reaching for the door handle.

“Wait Jasmine.” I said grabbing the sleeve of her wet jacket. She gave me a look of surprise as she sat back in her seat.
“Bella, she is my ex fiancé. We dated for a few years…I thought…well it does not really matter what I think anymore. She left me at the alter for someone else.”

“I’m so sorry…That must have really hurt…It still does though doesn’t it?” She said looking me in the eyes. No one had asked me if it still hurt. Everyone assumed that I was better now that I was back home, that I no longer held feelings for Bella. I felt uncomfortable under her gaze; it was as if she could read everything inside me. I did not like being on the other end of this.

“Yes it does.” I whispered. Her eyes never wavered from mine as she spoke.

“I’m not going to say I know how you feel because I don’t, but I will say that I know what it feels like to be betrayed by someone you care deeply for and then find out you don’t mean as much to them as you thought you did.”

Such sadness entered her eyes as she spoke. I felt the insane urge to comfort her to make her forget about whomever it was that had hurt her in such a way. These feeling terrified me.

“What was his name?”

“Dean, Dean Winchester.” She whispered.
♠ ♠ ♠
This chapter took me forever to try to get it right. I'm still iffy about it I would love some feedback on what you thought/think.