Status: Rewriting

When Worlds Collide

A Heart to Heart Part Two

Jasmine

As I whispered Dean’s name I felt tears come to my eyes. I hadn’t actually talked about this in years.

“It’s the stereotypical story really. He was the type of guy you know you shouldn’t get involved with. Hell I met him in the parking lot of a fucking dive bar! Every fiber of my being was screaming at me to run in the opposite direction of him that no good would come of it. I had the bright idea that I was different. He wouldn’t hurt me, no of course not! He loved me. I don’t know why I thought I was anything special. I gave him everything and he just threw it back in my face.” I said bitterly.

“What happened?” Edward whispered.

“I was on a road trip with him and his brother Sam. Sammy and I went to grab coffee, when we got back to the hotel he was fucking some bimbo that had been flirting with him the night before at the bar. You know what he said when I walked in?” I laughed spitefully, “Oops! That’s all he fucking said was oops!” I shrugged my shoulders trying to keep the tears from falling. “What can I say? I knew the type of guy he was from the moment I saw him and I thought I was something special to change that. It’s really my fault. I knew deep down what would happen.”

“Don’t say that. It wasn’t your fault. He was the idiot that didn’t know what he had."

“You’re just saying that.” I whispered.

“No I’m not. I was with Bella for years. We were going to get married and I was going to turn her. We were supposed to spend eternity together. That was until her ‘friend’ Jacob came into the picture. She always swore they were just friends, until she started to spend more and more time with him. She started lying about seeing him. I still wanted to believe her. The day of our wedding I’m waiting at the alter and who do I see walking down the aisle? Not my fiancé, but my sister, she hands me a letter from Bella saying that she was leaving me for Jacob. No good bye, just a letter.”

There was a deep anger the flowed through his words. I knew that feeling better than most. When you were angry you wanted everyone and everything to suffer just as much as you did. You didn’t care who they were; you just wanted them to be as miserable as you were. It wasn’t fair when everyone else had a picturesque life and you were stuck in the gutter trying to pick up the pieces of what got away from you.

“That fucking sucks. I have no idea what that is like, but I know the anger behind what you’re saying.”

“I’m not angry.” He whispered

I laughed mirthlessly at that, “Oh believe me Cullen, you may have convinced yourself that you’re not angry, but that is exactly what you are. That is why you left isn’t it? You wanted to hurt every single person around you. You wanted them to feel exactly what you were feeling instead of giving you those fucking pitiful looks. You wanted them to be just as fucked up as you are. That’s why you left. That’s why I left. Sure, the vision part was right, but it had been two years since Dean and I still wanted to rip everyone’s throats out because they were happy and I still couldn’t seem to get over the one asshole that wronged me. We were scared of ourselves and what we would do to the people we love because deep down you love them, but you know that makes them the easiest of all to hurt to make yourself feel better.”

There was such darkness in his eyes as he stared at me. He didn’t say a word, he didn’t move. The next thing I knew he had his lips crushed against mine. I could feel all the hurt, anger and pain in his kiss. I wanted to make it go away, just as much as I wanted him to drive the same away from me.