Status: Updates coming more reguarly <3

Unknown and Always Second

Chapter 4

Chapter 4- The Whole Truth and Nothing but the Truth

“Are you sure you want to know,” Jasper asked.
“I’m a hundred percent sure,” I said. We walked out of the classroom and towards our lockers. I told Jasper to meet me at the front office. I dropped my textbook off at my locker and made my way to the front office. The blonde lady was once again at the front desk.
“So how was your first day here at Forks High,” she asked. Why not? I’m in a good mood. I’ll play along.
“It was good. It’s most defiantly one for the books,” I said.
“That’s good Belladonna,” she said smile.
“Actually, I go by Donna,” I said.
“Oh, well then feel free to call me Candy. I think the whole Miss. Winters thing is played out,” she said. Now that I can understand, she can’t be more than 25. I wouldn’t want to be called Miss Swan. It makes me feel old.
“Alright Candy,” I said smiling.
“Feel free to stop by and talk to me whenever you want. It gets alittle boring with all of these old people,” she said.
“I’ll make sure to come by,” I said laughing.
“Well, looks like you have someone waiting for you,” she said winking at me. I turned around to see Jasper standing outside of the office leaning against the wall.
“If I may say, I think that boy might have been checking you out,” she said when I turned back towards her.
“I wish. I highly doubt he’s interested in me,” I said.
“Sweetie, since the day his family has arrived here, I haven’t seen him talk to anyone but his family. I think he might fancy you,” she said.
“Maybe,” I said looking back at Jasper. He smiled at me, so I returned the gesture. I turned back towards Candy.
“I think you should go for it,” she said.
“You think,” I asked.
“Yes! What’s the worst that could happen? He doesn’t feel the same way and wants to stay friends,” she said.
“True. You know what? I’m gonna go for it,” I said. I bid Candy farewell and made my way towards Jasper. I stopped in front of him.
“So are you ready,” I asked.
“Yea let’s go,” he said. He placed his hand on the small of my back. Where his hand was placed started to tingle, not in a bad way though. We made our way outside and toward the park. The parking lot was empty when we made our way outside. We walked in complete but comfortable silence.
Once we made our way to the park, I walked over to the same swing I sat on during lunch. I sat down and started swinging back and forth. I looked up and saw Jasper staring at e with his topaz eyes. I blushed and looked away. When I looked back at him he was still looking at me.
“What,” I asked.
“Nothing, you’re just odd,” he said.
“Well, thanks,” I said sarcastically.
“I didn’t mean it in a bad way. Your just no like what I expected,” he said.
“You thought I was gonna be more like my sister,” I said. I sighed and looked down. Everyone always compares me to her. Why can’t I just be Belladonna?
“I’m glad you’re not like Bella. You’re much more exciting,” he said. He walked over towards the swing next to me and sat down. We sat there in comfortable silence for a while.
“Hey, what was so important about your family,” I asked when I finally remembered why we came out here in the first place.
“Are you sure you want to know,” Jasper sighed. I stopped to think about that. Did I honestly want to know something that was obviously bothering him? I really like him and I want to know everything about him, good or bad.
“Yeah I do,” I said looking at him. He sighed and stood up. He looked towards the forest behind the school. Without looking back at me, he started talking to me.
“You won’t believe me, but you have to,” he said. After a few minutes of silence, he turned back towards me. He walked over to me and kneeled in front of me. He grabbed my hands that were folded in my lap. He looked me dead in the eye.
“I’ll try,” I whispered. At the moment, I felt like speaking out loud seems wrong.
“Me and my family, we’re not normal,” he said. He looked down and started drawing circles on my hands. Its hands were freezing in mine, but it wasn’t bothering me.
“What do you mean you’re not normal,” I asked. He looked up at me again.
“Think about it, we are super pale, cold, and graceful,” he said.
“So what are you then? Albino,” I asked. He chuckled.
“Like I said you are odd. My family we’re not human. We’re vampires,” he said.
“Vampires? You expect me to believe that you and your family are vampires,” I said.
“I told you, you won’t believe me,” he got up and walked off. I got up and ran after him. I grabbed his arm causing him to turn my way.
“Don’t just walk off. If it’s true, then I want you to fight to make me believe, prove it. Don’t just give up, make me believe,” I huffed. After a pause, Jasper grabbed me and throws me over his shoulder.
“Hey what are you doing,” I asked.
“I’m proving myself,” he said. He took off running. He was going so fast everything around me became blurry. I screamed out in joy. This is so much fun. The world was just zooming by me. After a few minutes, we came to a stop. Jasper let me down, but I fell on my butt. I got up, with his assistance, laughing.
“That was so much fun,” I said. He smiled at me. It was a real full smile. It blew me away. Boy can he smile.
“So did I prove myself,” he asked.
“Most defiantly,” I said. I began spinning in circles. I stopped and looked around. We were in some sort of meadow. The grass came up to my waist. There was a waterfall that fell into a pond. It was gorgeous. The sun was come out from behind the trees. I made my way towards the waterfall and pond. I sat on one of the large boulders and looked at the water.
The water was so clear I could see the bottom of the pond. There were absolutely gorgeous lily pads floating on the top. I looked up at the waterfall. It was the prettiest shade of blue and the way the sun hit the water it created a rainbow. The grass surrounding the pond was the perfect shade of green. There were tons of flowers everywhere.
I turned looking for Jasper. When I finally laid eyes on him, he was standing in the sun. He was sparkling like a diamond. I got up walked over to him. I reached out and touched his face and hands. When I went to pull up his sleeves on his long sleeve shirt, he pulled back. I gave him a confused look. He sighed in reply and told me not yet.
“Alright. So besides being pale and sparkly, being able to run fast, and being super graceful, what else do I need to know,” I asked.
“That my family and I are vegetarians,” he began.
“Vegetarians? I thought you guys were vampires,” I asked confused.
“We are. It’s an inside joke. We don’t drink human blood rather animal,” he explained.
“Oh okay, so is there anything else I need to know,” I asked.
“Well, some vampires get special abilities,” he said.
“Special abilities, you mean like superman,” I asked.
“No, we can’t fly. I mean, for instance, Edward can read minds, Alice can see the future, and I can sense and manipulate emotions,” he said.
“That’s so cool. It sucks Edward can read minds, but besides that it’s amazing,” I asked.
“Yea it’s kinda cool,” he replied.
“So, how does this explain why you were being such a jerk to me earlier,” I asked.
“You know Alice right,” he asked.’
“Yes, why,” I asked.
“Well, a few months ago she was my mate,” he said.
“What happened,” I asked. Wow, I would have never guessed Alice and Jasper were once mates. Ha-ha mates. Dave and Alice seemed like they were in love.
“Well, about a year ago, Alice had a vision of us both being with different people. When she first described her to me, I thought it was unbelievable,” he said.
“Have you met her,” I asked. That sucks. He already has someone else out there for him.
“Yes, I have. As a matter of fact, I sitting with her right now,” he said. Man! He already met her. I guess there’s no hope for me. And to think…wait, did he say he was sitting with her right now? Last time I checked, we were the only ones out here. Does that mean he’s talking about me?
“Wait, do you mean I’m the one she saw you with,” I asked.
“Yea you are,” he said. OMG‼! I think I’m gonna faint.
“So what does that mean,” I asked. I want to know exactly where he sees me and him.
“It means that whenever you ready, I would like to take you on a date,” he said smiling. Yay‼ Play it cool, Donna. Don’t seem over eager.
“I would like that,” I said smiling.
“Cool, how about this weekend,” he asked.
“That’s perfect,” I said.
♠ ♠ ♠
Rate and Comment please!!!