Status: Updates coming more reguarly <3

Unknown and Always Second

Chapter 5

Chapter 5 – Breaking the News

After a few more hours, Jasper ran me home. I hugged him good-bye and watched him head back to his home. I walked to the front of the house and tried to tiptoe to my room praying no one realized it was so late. I was halfway to the stairs when the lights flickered on. I turned around to see my dad and Bella sitting on the couches in the living room.

“Hi guys,” I said nervously.

“Belladonna Marie Swan, do you have ANY idea how late it is and how worried me and your sister was,” Charlie yelled at me. Dammit, I thought I was gonna get away with it.

“It’s not that late,” I replied.

“Not that late?! Its past midnight and you’re just now strolling in the door!? Where were you,” he asked. Now I could do one of two things. I could 1.) Tell the truth, which would be no fun, or 2.) Lie and pray he falls for it. I like choice number two.

“See what had happen was, I needed to stay after school to get caught up I a few of my classes, then when I started to make my way home I stopped at a nearby park, but I fell asleep and I just now woke up,” I said keeping a straight face. God, I’m such a good liar.

“I would believe that if it wasn’t for the fact that Bella told me that you were hanging out with that Cullen boy,” he said. Oh no, she didn’t! I turned towards Bella and gave her one of my coldest glares. She turned away from me and looked down.

“Well, in that case, Yes I was hanging out with Jasper,” I said.

“Hanging out with a boy, who is way too old for you, and coming home in the middle of the night? You’re here to better yourself not fool around with some boy,” he yelled at me. I lost it at that moment.

“What do you mean fooling around!? Obviously you don’t know me, I don’t just go fooling around with someone I just met,” I yelled. Maybe not my smartest move, but can you blame me?

“And how am I supposed to know that? You snuck around before and how did that end,” he retorted. Wow, did he really just play that card?

“So, I made a mistake and lost my virginity to a complete jackass! Thanks a lot for rubbing that in my face! I’ll make sure to put your name down for Father of the Year,” I yelled nearing tears. I turned and stormed up the stairs and to my room. I flung myself to my bed and cried my eyes out.

Eventually, I fell into a restless sleep. I woke up that morning with a major headache. I got up and slowly changed into a denim skirt, a pink Ed Hardy top and sneakers. I headed downstairs to the bathroom and knocked on the door. Bella opened the door.

“Hey,” she said.

“Hi,” I replied. I walked in and grabbed my toothbrush and brushed my teeth. After a few more moments of awkward silence, I figured she had suffered enough.

“Hey can I talk to you for a second,” I asked.

“Sure,” she said looking at me. I hopped onto the cabinet and turned my attention towards her.

“So I just wanted to apologize for what happened last night. I know you were just worried about me and I should haven’t have glared at you like that, so will you forgive me,” I asked.

“Of course,” she said hugging me. It’s one of the best things about Bella. She can forgive just about anyone.

“I need to ask a favor of you,” I said.

“Sure what is it,” she asked.

“Okay so yesterday you know that I was hanging out with Jasper? Well, he asked me out yesterday and I said yes. The date is this Friday and as you heard Dad doesn’t approve,” I said.

“Okay, so what do you want me to do,” she asked.

“I need you to help me convince him it’s a good idea. Who better the girl going out with his younger brother?”

“I don’t know. Jasper and his family aren’t that normal,” she began.

“Yeah yeah they’re vampires, I know,” I said dismissing he comment.

“You know,” she asked.

“Yup. He told me yesterday. So are you gonna help me,” I asked.

“Sure, but if it doesn’t work don’t blame me,” she said smiling. I throw my arms around her neck and repeated thanks over and over again. The sound of someone clearing their throat interrupted my celebration. Both Bella and I turned towards the sound. Charlie stood there in his uniform.

“Morning ladies,” he said acknowledging us.

“Morning,” Bella said smiling. She elbowed me in ribs. I plastered a fake smile on my face and mumbled a response. He turned and made his way to the kitchen. Bella turned to me and gave me the look.

“Don’t do that,” I said.

“Nope,” she said popping the p.

“Come on don’t give me the look,” I moaned.

“You need to start being nice if this is going to work. I suggest you tell him today. He is still guilty about what he said, so you should be good,” she said.

“Aww, who would have guessed Bella, could be so devious,” I said while giving her a bone crushing hug. I released her from my grasp and finished getting ready for school. I headed back up stairs, grabbed my backpack, and headed downstairs to face the music.
I walked in to the kitchen to see my Dad and Bella sitting at the table. Charlie was reading the newspaper while Bella nibbled on toast. I walked over to the cabinet and grabbed a pop tart. I turned towards Bella who nodded her head signaling me to go on.

“Hey Dad can I, um, ask you something,” I started. Charlie looked up from his newspaper and stared at me for a moment before he refolded the paper and placed it on the table. He folded his hands and looked me died in the eye.

“Begin,” he stated in a monotone voice. I felt as though I was being investigated. I cleared my throat before I began.

“As you know, I spent yesterday with Jasper,” Charlie snorted, but remained silent, “and he asked me out on a date for this Friday. I was kind of hoping you would approve,” I finished. Charlie sat there in silence for awhile. He turned towards Bella.

“What do you think of this Jasper character,” he asked.

“Well, I think he is a lovely young man. He’s well behaved and very mature,” she replied. Charlie looked at her for a few more moments then picked up his newspaper and began to read again. I looked over towards Bella. She shrugged his shoulders.

“Fine, but I want to meet him first,” he said without looking up from the paper. I squealed and gave Charlie a huge hug.

“But,” he said silencing me, “Bella must tag along as well. I don’t like the fact that he is much older than you.”

“That’s cool. It’ll be a double date,” I said.
♠ ♠ ♠
Belladonna's outfit http://www.polyvore.com/belladonnas_outfit/set?id=13349169

Comment pleasse and rate
i want to know what you guys think