Status: Updates coming more reguarly <3

Unknown and Always Second

Chapter 6

“Donna, Bella, the Boys are here,” my father shouted form down stairs. I took one more quick glance in the mirror. I readjusted the blue and black dress I was wearing. I made sure the belt was secure around my waist. I made sure the zipper was pulled up all the way on my ankle black boots. I adjusted my black leggings so they were even. I slipped on black feather earrings. I flipped my curly hair and made sure none of my makeup was smudged. I grabbed my black clutch from off my bed and made sure I had everything in it.
I made my way downstairs trying to settle the butterflies in my stomach. I was beyond nervous. I’ve never wanted a date to go as perfect as this one. I walked into Bella’s room and was thankful she was at least somewhat dressy. She was wearing a black pencil skirt, black dress shirt, and a pair of black flats. She was wearing the black locket I gave her when I was 12. It has a picture of both of us in it.
“Why don’t we look sexy,” I said adding a whistle for added effect. Bella blushed a deep shade of red.
“Thanks, and you look amazing as well,” she said complementing my outfit.
“Shanks, now let’s go before Dad starts shooting. I heard him bring his hunting rifle down earlier,” I said grabbing her arm and dragging her out of her room and down the stairs.
We found the guys and my father sitting in the dining room. My father’s rifle sitting on the table pointed towards Jasper. I walked over to the table and grabbed the rifle. I walked back up stairs and tucked it away in his closet. Why must my father be so embarrassing? Bad enough no one wants to go out with you because your dad’s a cop, then he brings his rifle out. It’s ridiculous. Wait till Mom hears about this, Dad is gonna get it.
I made my way downstairs once again. I walked towards my father, Jasper, Edward, and Bella. They were still sitting in the dining room.
“Honey I was just giving them an informational lesson on the dangers of rifles,” my father said.
“Sure, and I’m in the running for daughter of the year. Now if you’re done harassing my date, I think we’re ready to leave,” I said.
“Yeah yeah yeah,” My dad said leaving for the TV room. Everyone got up and we made our way outside. Once safely away from my father, I grabbed Jasper’s hand. He smiled at me which was gladly returned.
“So what are we doing tonight? I was thinking Cancun or Vancouver,” I said.
“Vancouver,” he asked chuckling.
“Its 308 miles away unless we take a boat across the Strait of Georgia then it would be 129 miles. All we would have to do is drive to Port Angeles, grabbed a boat, and take it right up the coast of Canada,” I said.
“How do you know this,” Bella asked.
“Do you really want to know,” I asked.
“Yea,” she said unsure.
“Alright, I warned you. I’m a spy,” I said smirking.
“Fine don’t tell me, but if you show up missing and the cops find you in Vancouver, I’m gonna tell them you’ve been planning the escape for a while,” she said. I just laughed and shock my head. Naïve Bella, if I were to escape, I would go to Hawaii or Europe, somewhere with sunshine, not somewhere colder than Forks.
“To answer your question before your strange rant, we’re going to my house, so you can meet my parents,” Jasper said.
“Sounds fun,” I said. Jasper led me towards a black BMW. He opened the passenger door for me. I hopped in and he closed the door for me. Oh a gentleman, I could get use to that. He came around the car and started it up. We made our way to his house with Bella and Edward following in Edward’s Volvo.
“So is this your car,” I asked. The silence was killing me.
“No this is my Dad’s, I own a motorcycle,” he said looking at me.
“No way. I want a ride. You should have picked me up on that,” I said.
“I don’t think your father would have approved of me picking you up on a motorcycle,” Jasper said still looking at me. Damn he’s right. Charlie would have murdered him on spot.
“True, but he won’t know if you give me a ride when we get to your house,” I said.
“He won’t but why don’t you wait till you’re not wearing a dress and heels,” he said.
“Fine,” I huffed crossing my arms across my chest. I really wanted to ride a motorcycle. I’ve always been fascinated by them. I guess it’s mostly fueled by the fact that Charlie would murder me if I ever got on one. Plus, there is just that feeling of freedom, even if it’s a few moments. The wind in your hair no care in the world, I can’t wait to ride. I looked out the window and took a look outside, nothing but trees, tress, and more tress. I laid my head back on the window and closed my eyes.
It was starting to rain outside. The forest actually looked pretty cool at night, although the rain was giving the tress an eerie look. I could have sworn I saw something run past the tress, but it could just be the rain playing tricks on me. I caught the chills, when I could have sworn I saw it again. Once is explainable, but twice. There has got to be something out there. I turned towards Jasper and asked him if he saw anything. He gave an eerie look and he’s canine teeth began to grow. His eyes turned blood red and he began to laugh. I quickly tried to unbuckle my seatbelt but it was stuck. I started banging on the window and cry. Jasper, or more the monster that was in the car with me now, grabbed me by my arm. I tried prying his hand off my arm to no avail. He grabbed me by my arm and throws my head to the side exposing my neck. I started trashing hopping he would release me. He just laughs and leans towards me.
“Donna wake up,” someone called. I popped up gasping for air. I place my hand around my neck checking to make sure there were no bite marks. Finding nothing, I leaned back and place my hand on my chest.
“Are you alright,” Jasper asked. I could see the concern in his eyes and hear it laced in his voice. I started to feel calm all of sudden before remembering Jasper’s gift.
“Thanks, and yea I’m good. Just a bad dream I guess,” I said. I gave him a small smile to reassure him I was alright. He helped me out the car and we met Edward and Bella on the porch. The door was opened before anyone could knock. Before I could move, I was engulfed in a hug by none other than Alice.
“Hey Alice,” I said chuckling. I gave her a hug back. She released me and gave Bella a hug. Dave was standing behind her chuckling. I gave him a smile which he returned. Jasper ushered me into his house. Everyone was in the living room except Rosalie.
“Donna, I would like you to meet my parents. This is Carlisle,” he said indicating a young looking blond male. He had his arm around a motherly looking brunette. It’s strange to see someone and know they were meant to be a mother.
“And this is my mother Esme,” he said indicating the brunette.
“Carlisle, Esme, this is Belladonna, but we call her Donna,” Jasper finished.
“It’s nice to meet you,” Esme said engulfing me in a hug. Aren’t they loveable people?
“You have no clue,” Edward said answering my unspoken question. Esme released me, and I nodded to Edwards’s response. Emmett came over and gave me a huge hug.
“Lungs…are … seconds…away from…collapsing,” I said gasping for air. He released me laughing.
“Your way funnier than Bella,” he said patting, more like punching, me on the back.
“Well, isn’t that just great for me,” I said rubbing my now sore shoulder. Watch, I’m gonna have a huge bruise tomorrow. Jasper came over and placed his hand over my shoulder, which soothed it some.
“So how are you enjoying yourself in Forks,” Carlisle asked.
“There’s not enough sun or fun here,” I said.
“Don’t mind her. Her form of fun involves someone spending the night in jail,” Bella said. I started laughing. So many great memories, although I’ve been that person once, it’s still funny to have to bail your friends out. I finally calmed down.
“Good times, good times,” I said wiping at stray tears that had fallen.
“So, what’s on the agenda,” I asked.
“How about a friendly game of checkers,” Emmett said.
“Or loser has to be the other person’s slave for a week,” I said smirking. Emmett smiled as well.
“Deal,” he said sticking out his hand.
“You sure that’s a smart idea Donna,” Bella asked.
“Nope, but I’m doing it any way,” I said. I sat at one side of the board while Emmett sat at the other. Jasper came and sat next to me while Emmett set up the board. Jasper draped his arm around my shoulder, while I leaned back into him. He leaned in and kissed the top of my head. I couldn’t help, but smile. Emmett quickly finishes setting up. Carlisle and Esme were seated on the couch watching us. Dave was sitting on the floor near us with Alice in his lap. Edward had led Bella into the piano room moments ago. Emmett and I began the game. It was very intense. Neither one of us wanting to lose, but unfortunately after two hours, I had lost.
“Dammit,” I grumbled. Emmett got up cheering and gloating. Jasper gave me a hug.
“So slave,” I flinched, “I can’t wait till Monday especially art class.”
“I told you not to bet,” Bella said. Typical safe Bella, where’s the fun in not betting.
“It was worth it,” I said shrugging. The front door opened announcing the arrival of Rosalie. She walked in and looked at Emmett who was still gloating and doing his victory dance.
“What’s up with him,” she asked.
“He just won a bet against Donna,” Dave said.
“Oh god, what do you have to do,” she asked me.
“Be his slave for a week,” I grumbled.
“I’m so sorry,” she said giving me a genuine sympathetic look.
“It’s alright. I’m a woman of my word,” I said sighing. Jasper got up and grabbed my hand making me follow him. He led me upstairs to a room which I’m guessing is his.
“This is your room,” I asked.
“Yes,” he said lying back on the bed.
I took a look around. The walls were a light blue and hanging on one of the walls was an old looking confederate flag. It was still in good shape, but you could tell it was old. I walked over towards it to get a better look. It looked to have been handmade. I walked to another corner of the room that housed a large bookcase. I quickly scanned the titles noticing a little bit of everything. I grabbed one book and looked at the author. Edgar Allen Poe. So he has taste. I love Edgar Allen Poe. His books are amazing and well written. I put the book back on the case and continue examining his room, all the while Jasper was observing me. He had a computer and a radio system near his closet. His bed was huge and held blue sheets, pillow case, and comforter that matched his walls. I walked over to his bed taking off my boots and sat next to him. He grabbed me by my waist pulling me closer making me fall onto him. I snuggled closer to him. We stayed like that, eventually I dozed off.
I was awoken by Jasper shaking me telling me it was time for him to take me home. I sat up and yawned. I grabbed my shoes and put them back on. I grabbed Jasper’s hand as he led me back downstairs. I bid farewell to everyone, and we made our way outside to the car. Jasper opened the door for me; I climbed in and rested my head against the window once he closed it. We made our way back to my house in what felt like seconds. Jasper opened my door and led me up the porch stairs. I turned towards him.
“Thanks I had fun,” I said smiling.
“I’m glad,” he replied. I lend in to kiss him goodnight when the door was flung open. I was grabbed and thrown inside.
“Thanks for bringing her home safe,” my Dad said before slamming the door in his face. Great, just great.
♠ ♠ ♠
Donna's outfit: http://www.polyvore.com/belladonnas_date_outfit/set?id=13349231
Rate and Comment please
comments make me HAPPY!!!