A Quidditch Match

Chapter 1

Harry grabbed his Firebolt and carefully stepped on the Quidditch field. The morning was cold and the ground still slippery from the fresh Spring rain. He could hear frisky voices of all the witches and wizards, currently students at Hogwarts, but his mind had only one thing to be careful about today... The golden snitch. After days of training Harry felt ready for today as he never felt before and there was nothing ought to stop him from wining the match against the Slytherins.

„Good luck, Potter“, a sarcastic voice interrupted his thoughts.

Not even Draco Malfoy.

Harry grinned angrily at Draco and rushed on to follow his team. Oliver Wood, the captain, greeted the Slytherins captain and madame Hooch' whistle marked the beginning of the match. Harry sat on his broom and determinedly pushed himself of the ground. Flying was such a marvelous feeling that he sometimes felt sorry for the muggles for not being able to feel it.

„Score for Gryffindor!“, roared Lee Jordan and Harry quickly concentrated back on the game. He soon realized that he couldn't see Malfoy so he flew highly above everyone else and saw him lurking near the left stand. He rapidly cut the air while rushing towards him, but a heavy bludger distracted him, woshing fiercely. He managed to avoid him only to see Fred Weasley sending it to the Slytherins captain. Harry turned around, but Malfoy was lost once more.

„Where is he?“ Harry thought nervously.

***

„Gryffindors are in the lead, but the Slytherins are not so far behind!“ Lee Jordan's voice echoed throughout the field.
And there he was, Malfoy, now flying near the right stand, following something golden, small, but extremely fast. Harry rushed again towards him, his glasses iced from the cold. Malfoy saw him coming and hurried up, but he still couldn't catch the snitch.

„You'll never catch me, potter“, Draco turned around and yelled at Harry, his blond hair messed up by the wind.

„We will see about that!“ Harry replied, striking into Malfoy's shoulder. They were flying side by side now, with the snitch only a few meters in front of them.

Then the snitch suddenly changed direction, Draco and Harry following her ferociously, each vertically flying towards the ground. Harry reached out as hard as he could, now only a few inches away, and he caught it, he caught the golden snitch, when unexpectedly Draco jumped on his broom, trying to distract him. They were botch struggling now, Harry balancing on the broom and pushing Draco away, and Draco wanting to knock him out. They rubbed and pushed and pulled each others clothes of until, in the end, they both fell on the ground, rolling on the grass, their robes wet and themselves both heavy on each other. Though strongly exhausted, Harry managed to stand up and painfully rise his hand to show the victorious snitch. Draco was still sitting on the ground, heavily breathing, his gray eyes furiously fixed on Harry. He picked himself up and ashamedly went away as the rest of Harry's team congratulated and celebrated with him.

***

Harry was the only one left on the field, still under the heavy wining impression. He was immensely proud of himself, not only because his team will finally win the Quidditch cup this year, but also because they beat Slytherin on the way to it. He picked up his broom, proudly glanced at it and went into the castle. Suddenly, as he entered the corridors, he felt pressure on his chest as he was pushed at the wall. He could feel a wand pointed at him and then heard Draco's threatening voice: „You wont be so lucky next time, Potter.“

Harry's skin bristled up by the hot breath he felt on his neck as he saw the a dark silhouette disappear around the corner.