Run

Chapter Two

Slipping into the cold, wet night air, Jeanne made her way deeper into the lush forest. Pushing past branches and bushes, the brunette made it to a small cave. A smile appeared on the tired girl’s face; today had been a long day for her. After running away from home and the fear of being caught, people tend to be tired. Looking at the raining sky, said girl slug her bag farther up her body and ran towards the inviting shelter. As she ran towards the shelter, she thought back to her day’s adventure.

Jeanne ran down the narrow street, her bag hitting her hip repeatedly, as she moved her legs. She knew she had to make it out of town before someone, anyone noticed she was gone. The fear panged her every pore, no matter how hard she tried shaking the fear remained. Shaking her head she ran faster into a near by forest. Hair and leaves went everywhere as she pushed her way threw the lush underbrush of the large forest.

Once far enough into the forest, Jeanne slowed her pace and took in her surroundings. The trees were large and blocked the sun almost completely, the bushes were jagged and sharp, animals passed rather fast, scaring the young girl. Hugging herself in fear the girl walked through the forest with her bag hitting her with each step. The trees thinned out with every couple of yards, until a small meadow revealed itself.

The brunette gasped at the beauty of the meadow, the sun hit the flowers, making them glow, the trees created arches leading up into the meadow and back to the forest and the bushes became less jagged here. Sighing, Jeanne laid down in the center of the meadow and drifted to sleep.

Not to long after she fell asleep the girl awoke to drops of rain falling upon her. Flicking off some of the light drops that found themselves in her hair Jeanne sat up and looked around. She was still tired, but she could no longer sleep here. Getting up she grabbed her bag and ran back into the forest. Her legs felt like jello and hurt as bad as working out for three hours without a warm up, but she kept running.

In search for shelter, the girl crashed through bushes and trees, flicking hair out of her face as she made her way through the forest. The braches that hit her face stung and some made her arms bleed. Holding back tears, said girl crashed through another bush and stopped at a small cave


Jeanne walked into the small cave, soaked. “Good thing I made it in here when I did” she told herself ringing out her clothes and hair. She stared into the small, dark cave, it was strangely comforting to her. Sighing, the girl took out her flashlight and shone it around the cave, taking it in.
Shivering, Jeanne rubbed her eyes and took a seat on the cold, hard crave surface.

Said girl dug around in her bag and soon pulled out a large blanket, which she put in there earlier. Swinging it around herself, she hugged it to her body and sighed ageist the warmth. Rolling on her back she sighing in comfort and exhaustion, and stared at the ceiling until sleep claimed her.

The brunette awoke to shaking, turning her head to the side she pushed away the hands that rested upon her arm, “Go away,” said brunette mumbled. She hugged her blanket closer to her and shut her eyes tight, hoping the person would go away.

“Just wake up.” A male voice commanded shaking her again. Jeanne’s eyes popped open as she stared at a young man, about her age. The boy had blond hair and blue eyes, which shone like the stars a smile, appeared on his face. The boy looked down at her with those blue eyes questioning her.

“Who are you?” Jeanne asked her voice finally working, “And who are you?” she questioned him with her eyes as well. She hugged herself in her blanket as she waited for an answer. Which didn’t come quick, he was lost in thought as he started at her as well. His mind was jumbled with questions and answers, finally his voice began working as he looked away from those green eyes.

“I’m Denis, and I’m here to protect you.” The boy stated standing up and holding out his hand to her, he pulled Jeanne up once she took it, “Who are you?”

“Jeanne,” the brunette answered watching him as he picked up her bag and slung it over his shoulder.

“Jen?” Denis clarified, walking out of the cave and into the cold air.

“No, Jeanne, its French.” The girl replied walking to next the blond boy, “May I ask where we are going?”

“Somewhere safe.’ He replied simpily.
♠ ♠ ♠
Tell me what you think?
Please. AND THANKS FOR SUBCRIBING(:
---------------------
Any disclosure, copying, distribution, or the taking of action based on above, is strictly prohibited.

© 2009 The Only Exception