Kill All My Friends

Chapter 11

4 hours later......

"Damn! How much longer?" Bam muttered, pacing up and down the waiting room.

"How the hell should we know?" Linde replied, looking up from his seat on the floor. He was sat on the floor with his legs outstretched and Kat sleeping with her head on his lap. Mandy was curled up in the corner - nobody was sure if she was asleep, but she needed the rest so nobody was gonna check. Dunn had gone to tell Burton, Mige and Gas what had happened and Linde had said he'd call them if he got any news and Knoxville was sleeping laid out across the chairs against one wall.

"Shut it macho man."

"What the f**k Bam? I'm only here to help, he's my friend too ya know..." Linde said, looking down at Kat as she woke up. "Morning, sleepyhead."

"Morning, macho man." Kat said, laughing as he pulled a face at her. She looked over at Mandy, "How long has she been like that?"

"Since before you fell asleep." Bam sighed, running a hand through his already disheveled hair. "And...I'm sorry, Linde. I didn't mean to snap at you."

"Nah - it's fine, man. We're all stressed."

Half an hour later....

"Are you here for Mr. Valo?" The doctor asked walking in.

"Yeah. We all are." Bam replied, helping Mandy stand up.

"Well...he's stable. He had some internal bleeding and a few broken bones that we've managed to sort out." The doctor said.

"Can we see him?" Linde asked.

"Only two people, I'm afraid. The rest will have to wait until tomorrow." The doctor replied.

"Bam and Mandy." Kat said, pushing them forward. "Linde, Johnny and I'll let the others know and get coffee's and something to eat."

"Okay. Follow me." The doctor led the two out of the room and towards the private room they'd put Ville in.

"I'll let the guys know." Linde said, walking towards the pay phone as Kat went and woke Knoxville up.