Kill All My Friends

Chapter 9

"It's alright - I wasn't expecting you to say anything." Ville said after a few minutes of silence.

"I....I'm...just...." Mandy stuttered.

"Speechless?" Kat added as Mandy's voice trailed away and she just opened and closed her mouth like a goldfish.

"You look like a goldfish." Bam said, poking her in the ribs.

"Yeah, well....you would too if someone just told you that they loved you." Mandy snapped, glaring at him.

"Kat - I love you." Bam said.

"Drop dead."

"See - she didn't react like a goldfish."

"Bam - she doesn't care about you because you said it as a joke." Knoxville said, laughing as Bam stuck his tongue out at him. "Ville was telling the truth."

"Yeah, Bam - this is serious." Kat said, poking him in the side.

Bam laughed and ran away from the group.

"Psycho." Linde muttered as he hugged Kat.

"Too true." Dunn agreed before running after Bam.

"Well...that was strange." Knoxville said.

"And this is awkward." Kat added after a few minutes of silence.

"I'd best be going." Ville said after another few minutes of silence. He stood up and was walking across the road when Mandy called his name. "What?" He asked, stopping and looking back.

"You don't have to go, Ville."

"Sure I do, Mandy. I just told you I loved you."

"Yeah, I know...but....."

"Shit!" Kat muttered, looking away from Ville as he stood waiting for Mandy to finish her sentence.

"What?" Linde and Knoxville asked in unison.

"This is gonna take forever." Kat replied, turning back to the other two. "Linde..."

"Yes...."

"Ville!" Mandy shouted as a car came speeding down the road.

Ville turned to look but didn't move in time.

"Shit!" Linde and Knoxville shouted, running over to see if Ville was okay.

Kat rang for an ambulance before hugging Mandy and letting her cry on her shoulder.