Status: Please comment; We greatly appreciate the feedback!

Recipe for Happiness

01

She tried not to make a habit out of visiting, but she just couldn’t help herself.

A girl, verging upon becoming a full on ‘woman’ by the end of the month, was standing outside her favourite shop in the world – the dress shop. These weren’t just any dresses, they were ball gowns; corseted creations that never ceased to astound and wow her.

Her excuse for visiting this time was to pick out a new creation, and she had reason for this too. For later that day, or should I say night, she was to attend a ball where her father, the creator of numerous life-saving inventions, was to introduce her to potential husbands.

Lots of potential husbands who had tonnes of money and were most delightfully handsome.

This is all she looked for in a beau, and she thought they were relatively low standards, especially compared to her friends’ requests. ‘Owner of at least five companies, brown hair, dazzling blue eyes, must be over six feet tall’ seemed like an awful lot to ask for, from her point of view.

She wondered what her friends would wear, should they be attending, as she entered the shop. The shop owner, a lovely old woman named Mavis, greeted her cheerfully, recognising the youthful face that had entered hundreds of times before.

“Don’t tell me. You have a ball coming up, and you couldn’t resist coming back. You’ve probably kept me in business all these years, I hope you realise.”

Ana couldn’t help but giggle. It was true – she went there, bought the most extravagant, exquisite gowns, and whenever someone asked her where she got such an astounding item of luxury, she referred the person back to Mavis.

╶╶╶

Once a gown was picked out, tailored and accessorized, she paid and left the shop with her bags slung onto her lower arms. They had unanimously picked out a deep navy blue gown, which lit up her face and that complimented her eyes. As always, Mavis told her she looked like a princess, a compliment not lost on Anastasia. A princess was a childhood fantasy she wished would come true someday, perhaps.

For now, she was intent on attending balls with her father and attending school with her friends. Love would come soon enough, she was most sure of it.
♠ ♠ ♠
Ahhh I hope this is good, I'd gotten slightly out of practice writing recently, so.

Enjoy anyway!