Status: Please comment; We greatly appreciate the feedback!

Recipe for Happiness

11

‘My. That was sudden.’

She couldn’t quite figure out what had just happened. He got sweaty and nervous, dropped his glass, shoved a business card at her, and dashed off. Unsure of where he went, she gently tucked the business card into the décolletage of her gown, giggling as she tried to make sure it didn’t scratch anything.

Once she remembered she had a very fine suitor waiting for her inside, she entered once more, and this time everyone noticed. Her father rushed to her, whispering into her ear that she had ‘missed some pretty big businessmen’ and that if she felt sick, ‘we could always go home now’. She shook her head, unable to clear her mind of his face, his occasional glances at her, his taking her in.

What tormented her most wasn’t that he’d run off, but that he was the help. By default, she simply could not fall in love with him, no, she wouldn’t allow for it.

But she might just see him again. That idea made her head swim. It excited her in a way she’d only just discovered that night.

It wasn’t until Peter, the very fine suitor and dance partner, tapped her on the shoulder and pulled her away from her parents to dance again did she feel like everything was real again.

Those moments out on the balcony didn’t feel real, none of the time she spent with him felt real. Not to say she didn’t believe it happened, she knew for a fact it did – she could see over Peter’s shoulder that another waiter was getting ticked off, having to clean glass up in the cold – but it all seemed like such a wonderful dream.

A pang of guilt hit her stomach-first, realising she has a perfectly suitable future husband right in front of her, dancing and laughing with her. What was she doing developing a crush on a waiter she briefly encountered?

She could even see herself in twenty years time, a successful business woman, married to a very successful business man, with three beautiful children. That was the dream; it had always been the dream.

Until now.

Now, she wasn’t so sure. And as cliché as the whole situation seemed, she couldn’t help but get carried away with it all

Ana prayed to all the gods who would listen that he, angel man, would make another appearance in her life.
♠ ♠ ♠
THERE KRISTY THERE.

YOU WANT THIS YOU GOT IT OKAY FASTEST CHAPTER I'VE EVER WRITTEN.

/dies