Status: Please comment; We greatly appreciate the feedback!

Recipe for Happiness

17

‘Do Italians also show very public signs of affection?’

The moment he whisked her away from the studio, his hand gripped hers. When she wondered how he’d drive while continuing to warm her hand, he revealed that they were going by limousine. He told her that they should celebrate fully tonight, and that a limousine was a very good way of doing so.

It was at this point she started to feel daunted and rather overwhelmed. That didn’t stop her from smiling and enjoying herself, but something felt wrong. ‘Just me being odd again’, she told herself.

Now, currently sitting at a very intimate table, they sat tucked away from everyone else, her hand resting atop the table with his. He’d occasionally sip wine with the other hand, before returning to smile at her. It wasn’t until the garlic bread arrived that he relinquished her exceedingly warm hand.

╶╶╶

“Oh, you’ll have to excuse me Ana, my breath’s terrible now.” He gestured at the small and empty basket that had contained the garlic bread before sipping some water.

“That’s okay, mine’s just as bad. If anything, we’d… cancel each other out…” Whoa, where did that thought just go? ‘No, Ana, no, no kissing the escort.’

But he had suggested it first. Not directly, but… Oh god he wanted to kiss her. A flurry of nauseous excitement entered her stomach, simultaneously reminding her how hungry she was.

Desperately trying to figure out how to excuse herself from the table to go to the toilet, a hand swept across her cheek, brushing a strand of hair out of her face that she didn’t even realise it was there. The whole situation couldn’t be more romantic if they tried.

╶╶╶

As they were leaving the restaurant, with now respectively funny breaths, they encountered the one person Phillip never thought had liked Italian.

“Adrien! Coming to get something to eat?” Ana cried out happily, almost grateful she wasn’t so intensely alone with Phillip anymore.

Phillip drew a cigarette out from his breast pocket and lit it with a gentle grace. His smile never seemed to fade, even with something in his mouth.

“Unfortunately, we were just about to head off. You’re welcome to join us.” He added, letting out puffs of smoke as he spoke. Anastasia looked excited at the prospect of Adrien joining them, but for what exactly?

‘He should be celebrating with us.’
♠ ♠ ♠
It's an update! *gasp*