Status: Please comment; We greatly appreciate the feedback!

Recipe for Happiness

21

He’d played with the thought for a while, and maybe, it was now time to act on it.
He knew that sooner or later, he would have to go back. Preferrably before he turned too old – he would have to serve his mandatory time in the army first.

A vain thought crossed Adriens mind as he pictured himself bald.
… It was not a pleasant mental image.

It was freezing outside; and he still hadn’t figured out what had brought him out and to take a walk, of all things. He hardly took a walk anymore; mostly because he would have too much time to think about things and feel feelings he wasn’t quite sure how to handle.
His thoughts drifted to the brief phonecall he had had with Phillip a few hours before. He’d gotten hurt while trying to save one of the stylists. Not because he was being heroic, Adrien thought to himself, but because that’d probably earned him some brownie points.

Thinking of Phillip now almost always lead to Ana.

He had known her for… a few days? He counted… not even a full week.
There was something between them; or well, from his side. She reminded him of his first love, the girl who used to sell flowers outside Incheon airport. It was during summer, where most of his summers were spent in the large family manision in the Gyeonggi-do province. She was so patient, waiting for him to finish his work with the company – and so innocent. When the summer ended, as did their romance, and he had been forced to leave her.
That had been 4 years ago, and even now, he still hoped to see her when he got back.
But ever since he had met Ana, that girl had not crossed his mind much – other than reminding him how similar the two young women were. Something Adrien never thought he’d see in England, or London to say . Western women were more bidding, if he could call it that, and it repulsed him. Every now or then, a pretty girl would ask if he wanted to come back to her place, have a drink or two.

He clearly did not look like the average rich playboy, so why he only got offers like that was beyond his belief.

It was his 22nd birthday in a few weeks time and even though in a foreign country, with different culture and values – his father kept asking him about marriage. Maybe it was because he was getting old, and wanted to make sure the company stayed in the family even after Adriens time…

A low chuckle escaped him as he walked past the office building.
It was as if his father was the king of England, and he the prince of Wales.
”You’ve read too much,” he smiled to himself – even though the thought of marriage did provoke him a bit. He felt old when his parents asked him about it.

His head sure was busy tonight, he thought.
It always was when he was left to his own company.

Rounding a corner, he played with the thought of asking Ana out sometime.
Even if she was with Phillip or not. Hey, he wouldn’t know for sure if he didn’t try, right?
He walked straight into something, or someone.

Puzzled, he straightened himself before looking to se who or whatever he’d bumped into.

Speak of the sun, and the sun shall shine.

”Ana,” he breathed ”I’m sorry – I didn’t see you” he said, flushed, shoving all his thoughts aside. She seemed to be in deep thoughts herself, and without thinking (after all, he had shoved the abillity to think aside) he grabbed her hand and yanked her into a coffee shop nearby.

”You look like you could use a cup of really hot coffee,” he said ”My treat, since I walked into you and all”

*