Status: Please comment; We greatly appreciate the feedback!

Recipe for Happiness

08

He couldn’t breathe.
He could practically feel the blue silk against his skin, and he feared that if he breathed, it would disappear.
Like any illusion would.

“Sir, has someone ripped out your vocal chords in the time between now and when you served my dancing friend a drink?”

It was then, he finally lifted his head to look at her.

His dark hair, damp from the rain lingering between the clouds, covered his eyes. In a hurried movement, he brushed the hair away from his eyes – and looked at her.

Her skin was spotless, and it looked like it was made out of velvet. An urge to reach out and brush his fingertips against it, but he resisted. The thin line that formed her nose, and then...

Her lips.

It took him all the mental strength he possessed not to stare.
They were large, but not overdone – natural, of course. The colour was light pink, or peach.

She was, without doubt, the most beautiful woman he had ever seen.

“I.. I..” his voice, like raw silk, sounded extremely far away
“I..”

Adrien sighed, balling his hands into fists.
“I’m sorry,” he said, with regained control over his voice “No, I’m fine – Thanks” he mentally cringed at the informal way of speaking, but hey – if she recognized him, he would be dead by dawn.

Pushing himself away from the rail, he stood up in all his height and his eyes darted towards her again. They were blue, just as her dress. His gaze lowered onto the dress, and he smiled.

“You must be the talk of the evening, dressed like that. Are you some kind of princess?” he bowed, before standing up straight again – a teasing grin visible all over.

His eyes now, resting on her – before he remembered the three words he had knotted down on his phone a few hours earlier.
“Find.our.muse”

Ding, Ding, Ding.
We have a winner.
♠ ♠ ♠
Don't be a silent reader! :D Comment if you like or dislike.