Divided

Chapter 2

The following Day Lelouch’s father decided that he should spend some time with his soon to be husband. The idea made him sick to his stomach, but alas, he had to go along. Suzaku wasn’t too thrilled about it either, from what had happened last night Lelouch looked like a hard headed jerk. He had to admit he was upset about the situation, but not enough to throw a chair at the wall.

Lelouch arrived at a large estate, where a kind woman, with short, spiky, pink hair, opened the door for him. “Welcome Prince Lelouch, we have been excepecting you.” She stated in a kind womanly voice. In return he rolled his eyes and got out, passing her by. He really didn’t want to be here, at the home of his ‘future husband’. As a prince, it was his duty to do as told by the emperor, but this? Lelouch heard a soft sad sigh from behind but ignored it as Suzaku appeared at the front of the steps.

“Why, Hello Lelouch.” Suzaku greeted with a warm smile, “How are you today?”

“I’m as well as I can, considering I have to marry another man, for my father’s plan to combine everything.” Lelouch replied, stopping a good distance away from the other man.

“I guess I feel the same way.” Suzaku said softly “Would you like to come in?” he asked motioning toward the door. “Or would you rather stay out here, the choice is yours.”

Lelouch chuckled, “Let’s just go in.” he started up the steps after Suzaku opened the door and went inside. As he entered the house Lelouch noticed a small girl about Nunnally’s age. She stood there with a bright smile, her black hair fell from her face, her eyes they were green like Suzaku’s and they shone with happiness. “Hello. I’m Kaguya, Suzaku Kururgi’s cousin.” She stated smiling, “You must be Lelouch, Suzaku’s husband.”

“Kaguya! We’re not married!” Suzaku yelled as his face got red and hot.

“Oh right, ‘Soon to be’ husband,” Kaguya replied sending a look toward Suzaku who buried his face in his hands. “It is so nice to finally meet you Lelouch! I heard so much about you, but I don’t know if all is true.” She tilted her head to the side, waiting for a response.

Lelouch chuckled,” It’s nice to meet you as well, but I doubt anything you’ve heard is true young Kaguya. May I ask why you’re here since you are a cousin not a sibling?”

“Oh, I came early for the wedding. And speaking of the wedding, will I be the flower girl? I’ve always dreamt of being the flower girl at Suzaku’s wedding.” She smiled, her eyes shining with amusement.

Lelouch flinched and Suzaku sighed, “Enough Kaguya, I think you’ve made him feel as weird as ever, and it hasn’t even been five minutes.”

“Alright, alright, I’ll leave you two alone.” Kaguya sighed as she waved good bye and went down the hall. There was a brief silence as both men were collectively lost in their thoughts. Both thinking the same thing: ‘What the heck is going on? Who said anything about a wedding? If there was going to be a wedding would I be the one in a dress?’

“Would you like some tea?” the young pink haired girl from before asked breaking the silence. At first the two men stared at her, finishing up their thoughts. ‘‘Sir?” she asked with concern written across her face.

“Oh, yes. Thank you, Miss Kallen.” Suzaku replied with a small smile playing at his lips.

“This way, then.” Kallen replied walking them toward a small dining area across from a larger one. Lelouch made a mental note of this, and sat down at a small table across from Suzaku. He just happened to be looking out the window, where there was a garden much like the one Lelouch had at home, where Nunnally and his other sister Euphy would play for hours. “What are you thinking about?” Lelouch asked the other man, before taking a sip of his tea.

“Nothing, I’m thinking of nothing.” Suzaku rushed, as his cheeks turned a light pink. Lelouch chuckled and drank some more of his tea. ‘Why must I always blush when someone pulls me out of my own thoughts?’ Suzaku asked himself while taking a sip of his own tea.