My Werewolf Love Story

First Day in Forks

Getting ready for school really sucks. Waking up before the sun is even up is so…well, annoying. It’s just so pointless to me. And it’s a double whammy when I have to go on the first day that I moved in. I mean really? Do I not have to time get settled in? As if the Plane ride from Jacksonville to Seattle airports hadn't been irritating enough, I also had to drive another three hours to get from Seattle to Forks, Washington. The rainiest, grayest, dullest place on the planet. And guess what was the first thing I got to do when I arrived? Unpack. Super. I am so not looking forward to this.

"Starr, do you plan on going to school dressed like that?" Bella, my sister from another mister, said to me as she walked into my room. I could assume that she was referring to my pajamas, consisting of an oversized t-shirt and black and red fleece pants.

"What? Oh, I guess I should be getting ready for school, huh?" I said back to her as I stood up from my bed and walked over to my dresser.

"Well hurry, ‘k? Edward will be here soon to give us a ride to school." Bella said smiling happily, a blush appearing on her pale face after mentioning Edward. She walked back out of my room, leaving me to get ready.

I looked though my dresser for a while, and eventually gave up. Nothing deemed wearable was in there. I went to my closet to look for something appropriate to wear on the first day of school. I managed to find a black shirt with a pink skull on it, and just a plain pair of pants. I slipped out of my pj's and threw on my shirt and pants. I walked back over to my dresser and pulled out a pair of blue and green checkered socks and slipped them. My fox shoes went over them, and I pulled on my Krew jacket, just in time to walk down stairs and see Bella with a somewhat impressed like on her face.

"Wow, Starr that has to be the fastest you've ever gotten ready," Bella praised.

"Might as well get the first day of school here over with," I told her as I dropped my bag on the floor next to my chair and walked to the counter to get some of the delicious looking blueberry muffins that where sitting there for Bella and me. Then I walked right back to my chair and plopped down.

"Do you think after school you can give me a ride to a junk yard?" I asked after I took a bite out of my muffin.

"Sure but why?" she asked, looking confused.

"So I can get a car," I explained, looking at her as if the answer was obvious.

"Why don’t you just find a running car for sale?" Bella asked.

"Because I want an old car that I can fix. Plus, old, broken down cars are a lot cheaper than old, working ones," I told her taking another bite out of my muffin. I continued, not caring that I had food in my mouth. “Honestly, I just want to get my hands dirty.”

"Oh. I didn't know you knew how to fix cars," Bella said to me. I have been able to impress my sister twice in one day. Sweet.

"Yeah, I was taking Auto shop at school then I started working as a mechanic so I know how to now," I said smiling at her.

"Well that’s good then but yeah, I'll take you to get one. Maybe my friend Jacob could help you put it together if you need help. He put his car together by himself," Bella suggested as she stood up. “He’s a real grease monkey.”

There was a knock at the door.

"Uh, that would be Edward," Bella said awkwardly. She had always been such an awkward girl. But that was what I liked about her. She was modest, and never ever conceited.

"Coming," I called back as I grabbed my bag again and started walking towards the front door, brushing muffin crumbs off of me.

"Hello, Starr I'm Edward," Edward said as soon as I got next to them.

"Hi Edward," I greeted him politely, taking in his looks.

Alright, he's good looking, I’ll give him that, but I just don't see what Bella finds so fascinating by him. It’s now clear to me that we have so much different taste in guys. She liked pale white, fancy, goody good looking guys. I bet Charlie likes that. He's going hate it if I ever find a guy I like here in this place. My kinda guy is darker skin, not afraid to get down and dirty, and a bad boy.

Oh well I don't think I'm finding a guy like that here anytime soon. We just pulled up to the school when a guy on a motorcycle pulled up next to Edward’s car.

'Wow maybe I spoke to soon.' I thought as I took in the very handsome guy on the motorcycle.

We all got out of the car and I followed Bella who was over talking to the guy on the motorcycle.

"Oh Starr, this is Jacob. My friend I was telling you about. Jacob this is my adopted sister, Starr," Bella said as soon as I was standing next to her.

"It’s nice to finally meet you Starr," Jacob said to me smiling a breath taking smile.

"It’s nice to meet you to Jacob," I said returning the smile.