Status: Active!

It's No Fun on the Sidelines

This happens all the time

I groaned as my alarm clock beeped annoyingly, almost like it was laughing at for having to get up at 5:30 am. I punched it and turned it off. My mom walked in and smiled.

“Oh good! Your awake,” she said with a smile.

I nodded and followed her into the kitchen, where pancakes, eggs and a glass of orange juice were waiting for me.

“Mom....” She looked at me and shrugged her shoulders. “I couldn't go back to sleep.”

I shook my head as I sat down and ate my breakfast. I finished quickly and brushed my teeth. I went back into my room, getting dressed and putting my books into my bag. I grabbed my iPod and phone, my car keys and a can of Monster. I quickly kissed my mom's cheek and got into my car, driving to school.

My friend Angie smiled and waved at me as I shut my locker.

Monster!?” she gasped, slightly glaring at me.

“Just because I'm signed to Red Bull doesn't mean I have to drink it ALL THE TIME!” I said.

We both laughed and walked down the hallway to pass the time until the morning bell rang. My phone suddenly started buzzing. My caller I.D flashed “John”, my manager. I groaned inwardly and answered.

“Hey John. Whats going on?” I asked. He never called me during school unless is was important.

“Hey Katie. Be ready to leave at 7:45, your going to meet your coach and start training.” I rolled my eyes, slightly unhappy.

“Does this mean I have to stay with them?”

“Yes ma'am.” He said, trying to make me laugh.

I really didn't want to finished out my senior year on a computer. I wanted to be with my friends and go to dances.

“How long?” I asked, dreading the answer.

He sighed and answered me. “Until June 21st. Then you get to go home for a bit, but then you have to go back. But I worked it out so you can go to Prom and your Graduation.”

I smiled and exhaled loudly. “Good. So am I getting to stop by home to pack?”

I heard him snort a laugh. “Duh! Okay, so I'll be there soon. We'll stop by your house, then it's off to the airport.”

“Okay John. Bye.” I hung up and looked at Angie.

She frowned and hugged me. The morning bell rang and I sent her a pleading look.

“I'll see you during Show Choir.” She nodded and we went our separate ways.
♠ ♠ ♠
Katie

So? What do you think?
If you have ideas or suggestions, feel free to tell me! I'll credit you, promise! NOT THAT I DON'T ALREADY HAVE IDEAS FOR THIS STORY xD
Commets=Updates!