Status: Active!

It's No Fun on the Sidelines

His Sheila

I moped around the hospital, waiting for Todd’s surgery to end. I was so bored. The doctors said it would only be about an hour. What the hell was I supposed to do until then? No one was here. I had told everyone that he’s having surgery… but yet no one comes. It is X Games though. It’s big for everyone. FMXers crash and they get back up, usually. This wasn't really anything new.

After deciding against buying Todd get well soon flowers, (I don’t think he would have liked it as well as I would if I were in his condition.) I ventured back to his room. I was happy to see someone actually in there.

“Where’s Katie?” I asked Twitch as he looked up at me.

“She wanted some time before she came in here. I figured it wouldn’t be a problem,” he paused, causing me to nod in acknowledgment. “How’s you’re man doing?” he went on to ask.

“He’s in a lot better spirits than before, which is a really good thing. Now we just have to worry about rehabbing the knee,” I said frowning, thinking of the thought.

“He’ll be fine. He’ll bounce back,” he tried reassuring me.

We went on to chat about the X Games. He was confident this year, which made me happy. I always cheer for any of the Mulisha… and Bilko and Travis, obviously. Within the next twenty minutes, Todd was wheeled back into the room. A smile came over my face as I saw him in his anesthetic state. He was fighting to try to keep his eyes open.

“Baby,” I said, still smiling as I walked over to him. His eyes instantly flung open and stayed that way for a few seconds. “Toddie, you can sleep. I’m not going anywhere,” I said softly as I ran my hand through his hair.

He mumbled out an I love you before his eyes slowly slid shut. Before backing away to a chair, I kissed him on the forehead. Jeremy and I stayed quiet for a few minutes. I didn’t want to disturb Todd. We kept our chatter to a dull roar. I only had one thing on my mind now: Where’s Katie. Jeremy said that if she weren’t here in the next twenty minutes, he would go find her.

So we waited. Fifteen minutes went by and Todd started to stir. It caused me to smile. Seeing his eyes big and unfocused just added a cuteness to him. His eyes drifted across the room until they fell on me, causing him to crack a smile.

“My stuff wore off,” he said sounding a little groggy.

“Well I’m sorry I’m not qualified to give you anymore,” I said softly as I went over to him. He pulled me onto the bed and pulled me against him. “Where everyone?” he asked, looking more at Jeremy.

“Katie’s here somewhere. Bilko said he was coming after practice that ended like five minutes ago,” he replied from the chair.

As if the two could hear us, they walk through the door. My gaze was locked on Katie. She has something to tell us. I remembered Twitch saying. What could it possible be?

“What the hell were you doing trying a trick that you don’t know?” Todd said, maybe a little too loudly.

I cringed a little. This isn’t a good way for him to start his recovery.

“You would have had it if you didn’t throw your bike. How did you mess that up?” Bliko asked, adding fuel to her fire. I could tell by the way she glared at him.

“I don’t know. I just… wanted to try it. I’m sorry. I was being stupid,” she said softly, refusing to look up at any of us.

“That doesn’t answer my question,” Bilko smirked at her. It’ so cute!

“If you don’t say it now, they’ll probably find out through the media,” Jeremy piped in from his location in the chair.

“I was thinking about my dad alright? He died from fucking cancer two years ago,” she snapped as tears threatened to fall from her eyes.

The poor thing. I felt so bad. Pushing off of the bed, I walked over towards her, but she backed away from me.

“Don’t say you’re sorry. I don’t need sympathy,” she said as a few tears were able to fall.

Without another word, she turned and left the room.

“Wow,” Blake said, pretty much voicing what was on all of our minds.

“Blake, go be with her,” I said, knowing that she needed to be around someone.

Her emotional state may cause her to do some crazy things right now. Having Blake around, I know he wouldn’t let her do anything she may regret later on. He nodded his head in agreement and left also.

“It’s me. Everything’s my fault,” Todd sighed as he ran his hand through his hair.

“No it’s not,” I said as I turned to him.

“If I wouldn’t have came, none of this would have happened,” he said in a pouty way.

It was cute though.

“I think I should go. This seems to be a gf/bf conversation. I’ll see you guys later,” Jeremy said as he pushed himself off the chair and leaving just like the other two did.

“It’s not your fault,” I rushed to say before he could get anything out.

“Stop making me feel better,” he said as he pulled the covers up over his head.

“Stop being so damn cute,” I smiled as I reached to uncover his head.

His eyes sparkled at me like they always do. This is my man. I had to plant a kiss on his big lips before he got a chance to say anything.

“I hate it when you do that,” he smiled once we parted.

“What?” I asked with a knowing smile.

“You always do something that makes me smile.”

“It’s because I wov you Toddie,” I cooed, making the two of us grin.

“I’m still worried about Katie,” he said truthfully as he reached for my hand.

“She’ll be fine… as long as Blake’s with her.”

“Do you ever quit?”

“Not until I get what I want,” I smirked.

“I know that all too well,” he smirked back.

The rest of the night, Todd was in and out of sleep. I think I may have drifted off once or twice too. But each time the TV had a different report of the X Games. The last one I remember is an interview with Bilko, a favorite to win Best Trick. I’m not completely sure what he said. I was just waking up. But I know for a fact that he said something about his Sheila, Katie.
♠ ♠ ♠
This one came out pretty quickly... WOO!

Comment?

Is there a Mrs. Katie Wiliams that wants to write the next chapter? lol