Status: Active!

It's No Fun on the Sidelines

Class of '09

I stared in the mirror as my friend, Mary, helped me curl my hair. She finished the last curl and sprayed my hair with hairspray. She smiled confidently and put her hands on her hips.

“OH YEAH! WHOSE THE BEST AT HAIR!?” She shouted, doing a little dance.

I laughed at her as I put on eyeliner. “Yes Mary. You are the best at hair. But you could never do my job.” I said with a wide smile.

“Got that right, I'd crash as soon as a hot guy would walk by.”

We both laughed as we did our make-up. Graduation started in a little less than 2 hours and we were getting ready to head out. I finished my make-up and slipped on my dress. I looked in the mirror and smiled. I slipped on my heels and turned to look at Mary. She had her dress on and we both looked in the mirror. We walked downstairs to where both our mom's were waiting with cameras. We took a few pictures before Travis yanked me away from Mary.

“Alright mom! Time for pictures with the worlds best trainer!” Travis said, putting his arm around my shoulders.

“Don't forget one of my best friends.” I said.

He smiled and pulled me closer. My mom took more pictures then she went to talk to Mary and her mom. Travis took my hand and pulled me into my backyard. There was a large white sheet covering something.

“Just a little graduation present.” He said with his trademark grin.

He pulled off the sheet and my eyes widened. There stood a brand-new Suzuki, custom painted blue. I screamed and hugged Travis. I ran my hands over the seat. I just wanted to jump on it right there. But I had on a dress.

“I take it that you love it?” He said laughing. I nodded and kissed his cheek.

“Thanks Travis.” I said with a smile.

We walked back inside and Mary smiled, swinging her car keys.

“Come on moto-queen. We've gotta go.” She said.

I said good-bye to my family and followed Mary outside. We would see them after the ceremony. I pinned my cap to my hair and pulled on my robe. We walked across the field and took our seats. My friends Angie, Sam, and Meghan sat next to us. We all had wide smiles and were bouncing anxiously in our chairs. Our class advisor made a quick speech and then they began calling names. I heard my name being called and I stood up, walking over. I could hear Travis's cheering over everyone's. I laughed quietly and I accepted my diploma and shook hands with my principals. As they called the last name, they called me up again. I looked to my friends, who smiled and shoved me over.

“I'm guessing you didn't know that your whole class voted to have you give a speech about how your senior year went?” My Vice Principal said. I nodded and she smiled. I stood in front of the podium, many of my classmates cheering.

“Wow guys. This is...unexpected. But as you guys know, my senior year was spent differently than yours. Instead of going on trips with all of you and going to parties, I was busy crashing my brains out, training for free-style competition's. You could say I missed out on a lot but I wouldn't have changed it for anything. I went to prom, I even got to spend a few weeks here at school. I love you guys so much and I'll never forget this class. And yes, I'm going to X-Games.” I said with a smile.

The whole crowd cheered and even a few classmates came running up to me hugging me and congratulating me. I smiled and quickly ran back to the podium.

“I hope to see some of you in L.A. Cheering me on!” I said. More cheers erupted from the crowd.

I smiled and sat back down. My class advisor announced us as the graduating class of 2009 and we all threw our caps in the air. I hugged all of my friends but was suddenly being picked up in the air. At first, I thought it was Travis but when I looked, it was none other than Jim DeChamp.

“JIM!” I yelled, hugging him tightly.

“KATIE! YOU GRADUATED!” He said with a goofy smile.

He set me down, only to be hugged more. Andy hugged me tightly.

“Your finally out school!” He said happily. “Now you can actually be on Nitro!” He said with a grin.

I smiled and nodded. Jolene came over and hugged me as well, followed by Tommy, Roner, and Greg. Now it was time for a party.
♠ ♠ ♠
Katie

WOO SHE GRADUATED!
Comment please :)

Your turn Kylee!