Status: Active!

It's No Fun on the Sidelines

The Big Day

“Aw, Molly, you look so pretty. Todd’s so lucky,” Katie cooed as I was being zipped into my dress.

“Katie, stop it. Things aren’t supposed to be going this smoothly,” I replied, amazed that something hasn’t gone horribly wrong yet.

“What are you talking about? Everything is going amazing,” she smiled as I looked in the mirror.

I sighed out a sigh of relief. I never thought that everything would go as well as it was going now. I haven’t had anything go wrong for me. There haven’t been any complaints from my groom either.

“What are you doing here?” I hear Katie ask happily from behind me.

I was so afraid that Todd had snuck in. But when I turned around, her man was there. The little thing looked so handsome… even though he had a white monster hat on with his tux.

“Sadly, I’m not here to see you. I’m here on a mission from the groom to deliver this to his bride,” Bilko said as he handed a bag to me.

“Aw, Blakey. You look so cute,” I said, hugging him before I took it from him.

“Look at you two beautiful Sheilas,” he said as he put an arm around each of us. “But I can’t stay. Todd just told me to drop that off,” he said and then turned and left.

Katie had a pouting look on her face. She needs to suck it up. I haven’t seen my man since seven o’clock last night. I can’t wait to see him.

Once I heard the door close, I looked into the little bag that Bilko had brought from Todd. There was a long velvet box in it. I took it out and opened it to reveal a sparkling bracelet. Aws could be heard from all around me. Diamonds were patterned with blue gems that matched everything else I was wearing.

“Katie, I have a job for you,” I teased as I made my way across the room to get the gift I got for Todd.

She gave me a teasing glare, but took the package from me.

“Give him a kiss for me,” I teased again as she left the room.

I sighed as I plopped down on a couch that was in the room. The closer the wedding time got, the more my nerves built. But I wasn’t backing out. Nu uh. I waited way too long to do this with Todd.

My mom kept trying to give me good wifey advice, but that’s not what I wanted to hear right now. I really just wanted quiet and that was the last thing that was going on in this room. Everyone seemed to be buzzing around like fucking bees. All I wanted was for everything to stop for a few minutes.

Katie came back a few minutes later, looking so very thrilled.

“Did you give him a kiss for me?” I teased as she sat beside me.

“The fucking Mulisha,” she said as she shook her head.

“You got to love those guys,” I smiled.

“No way. I don’t see how you put up with it,” she said as she sighed.

I smiled. Those are my boys. My wedding planner came around and was giving us all a ten-minute warning. Katie gave me one last encouraging smile as she stood up and went to ‘her’ place in the wedding. At least she got to walk with her man down the isle right away. Aw, that’s so cute now that I think about it.

Everyone slowly piled out of the room, leaving my dad and I alone. He’s had a huge smile on his face the whole day. Being the only child, this is a pretty big day for both of my parents. He looked at me with tearful eyes.

“Dad, don’t,” I said, knowing that I would lose it soon if he kept this up.

“I’m sorry. It’s just… you look so beautiful. And Todd’s such a good guy,” he said, being able to contain himself… for now.

The normal wedding music started and I looked out the window, eager to see my gorgeous man. Damn, he looked more than gorgeous. I’ve only seen him look like this one time and it wasn’t for anything happy. But now, he seemed happy. He was smiling at everyone and was just… Todd. With the ocean in the background, the whole scene just screamed perfection.

I started getting anxious as the ‘bride’ music started to play. My dad held his arm out for me wrap mind around as we started for the isle, to my husband. Once we were out of the building, Todd’s eyes fell on me and lit up so much. His white smile came over him that caused me grinned behind my veil. As I approached our smiles grew. All I wanted to do was wrap my arms around him, but I had to control myself. My dad stopped a step before Todd and the priest. My eyes were only focused on Todd and no one else.

“We are gathered together on this beautiful afternoon to share with Molly and Todd as they exchange vows of their everlasting love. Who gives this woman to be married to this man?” the priest started as I was smiling at the most gorgeous thing that has ever came out of southern California.

“Her mother and I,” my dad says as I he puts my hand into Todd’s and sits down.

Both of our smiles remained as he removed my veil.

“As Molly and Todd take their vows today, we are privileged to witness the joyous love of a new family: a family that will be nourished and nurtured through the devotion of two separate individuals growing together through the common bonds of love,” the priest went on as tears started to build up in my eyes.

“May their marriage bring them the peace, joy, comfort and contentment that is known in the hearts of all God's children. And may Todd and Molly both look forward to each new season of their marriage; just as the world looks forward to each new season of the year. For all seasons bring with them their own special moments and memories.

“An essential requirement of a good marriage is a strong bond of real friendship and trust. Molly and Todd, your love for each other will grow deeper with every passing day, but it's important to remember that your love stands on a foundation of genuine, mutual affection and respect for each other. To truly love another person is to be willing to accept both their strong points, and their weak points, with equal measures of understanding and respect.

“The vows you are about to exchange, will serve as a verbal representation of the non-verbal emotions that are as real as any thing that can be seen, heard or touched.
For it is not the words that you will speak today that will bond you together as one, but the strength of the love and commitment found deep within your souls. Todd would you like to go first?” he asked.

Todd’s eyes got wide for a second. He better have not forgot. But he soon recovered. Good!

“Molly,” he started with glossy eyes. “I love you. You are my best friend and will be forever. Today I give myself to you in marriage to be your husband. I promise to encourage you, to laugh with you and to comfort you in times of sorrow. I promise to love you in good times and bad. I promise to cherish and respect you. I vow to be true and faithful for as long as we both shall live. Because of you, I laugh, I smile, I dare to dream again. I look forward to spending the rest of my life with you, caring, loving and being there for you in all life has for us. I will always be the person that you can trust, talk to and the person that will always understand. I will make my home in your heart. These promises I give you today and all of the days of our lives,” he said with tears starting to streak down slowly.

I was pretty damn close to balling my eyes out. That was so beautiful. Who knew Todd had such a good choice of words?

“Molly?” the priest insisted.

I took a deep breath in and started.

“My Todd, I love you, and I thank the Lord for the love that has bound our hearts and lives together in spiritual fellowship of marriage. I have finally discovered the true meaning of real love. I will love, honor and cherish you always. As we enter upon the privileges and joys of life's most holy relationship, and begin together the great adventure of life. I will love you in sickness as in health, in poverty as in wealth, in sorrow as in joy, and will be true to you by so long as we both shall live,” I barely finished.

Seeing his eyes glossy again, choked me up. His thumb ran under my eye, swiping a few tears away.

“Todd, will you take Molly to be your wife, your partner in life and your one true love? Will you cherish her friendship and love her today, tomorrow and forever? Will you trust and honor her, laugh with her and cry with her? Will you be faithful through good times and bad, in sickness and in health as long as you both shall live?” the priest chimed in.

He looked at me with a smile before he said, “I do.”

“Molly, will you take Todd to be your husband, your partner in life and your one true love? Will you cherish his friendship and love him today, tomorrow and forever? Will you trust and honor him, laugh with him and cry with him? Will you be faithful through good times and bad, in sickness and in health as long as you both shall live?”

“I do,” I smiled without my voice cracking.

Brain Deegan’s little boy, Haiden, was our ring bearer. He looked so cute. Todd and I took each other’s rings as the priest kept going.

“Todd, take Molly’s hand and say with this ring, I be wed.”

Todd got a cheesy smile on his face as he took my hand and started to speak.

“With this ring, I be wed,” he kept his smile as my ring was replaced on my finger.

I was told to do the same. But I tried not to make it as cheesy as Todd did.

“By the power invested in me, I know pronounce you husband and wife. Todd, you may kiss your bride,” the priest finished.

He had barely gotten those words out before Todd was pulling me into him. But I’ve been waiting for this all day. I am Mrs. Todd Potter. Damn does it feel good to say that. I told him not make this kiss too over the top, but he did. I kind of liked it though. We parted and had the biggest smiles on our faces.

He gave his arm to me and before I knew it we were walking back down the isle as Mr. and Mrs. Todd Potter. I still couldn’t get that out of my head. I finally got the Todd Potter to marry me. YES!

“You look so beautiful,” he said once we were inside and by ourselves to get some pictures taken.

The photographer was running all over around us, but we didn’t care. I was too happy to say anything.

“I never thought I would ever see you looking like this. I love it,” I said as his hands went around my waist and he kissed me again.

We stayed there for a few minutes, enjoying our new married status before Katie and Bilko came into the room.

“Oi mate, it’s not the honeymoon yet. Keep it in your pants,” Bilko teased, making Todd pull away from me.

“My Aussie, I want a picture with you before you get booze all over your lovely tux,” I said as I walked over to him and the photographer followed.

We had a good ten minutes worth of fun with the camera before we had to leave for the reception. Bilko and Katie left as we waited to be announced. That soon came and we partied hard.

Todd and I stayed sober though. I promise. He knew he wasn’t getting any if he got wasted off his ass. Because we love Australia so much, we just decided to honeymoon here, but in a different location.I didn’t think I could deal with seeing Bilko every day.

As the night was coming to an end, people started coming up to us, saying how beautiful the ceremony was and to congratulate us. I just wanted to get to the hotel and be alone with my new husband. My wish came true once he asked if I was ready to leave. He led me out to the limo that was all decorated on the back. I smiled as we both climbed inside with our family and friends following.

“Did you see who caught my flowers?” I asked before he got other ideas.

“No. I don’t think,” he answered.

“Katie,” I smiled.

“Looks like Bilko’s next huh?” he smiled too as his arm went around me. “Was everything what you wanted?” he asked with his big hands cupping my chin.

“Everything was perfect. I got you,” I said and kissed him softly.

He smiled as the limo came to a stop. He got that gleam in his eyes as the door was opened. When we stepped out, he lifted me into his arms and now I can truly say bridal style up to our room. Once we made it, our lips locked onto each other’s and he started slowly towards the bed, trying to untie the back of my dress.

Before he started to kiss me again, there was a knock on the door. We looked at each other with confused looks as he pushed himself up to answer it. He stayed at the door for a few seconds before walking back.

“Who was it?” I asked, notching that he was holding something.

“It’s for you,” he said, handing me the bag.

I took it from him reluctantly. I reached inside and pulled a card out. It was from Katie. I smiled as I read it.

“I forgot to put something in your gift bag. Not that you’ll need it. it will probably be on the floor quicker than you put it on,” it read.

I knew before I even took it out what it was. Todd eyed me oddly as I pulled it from the bag.

“Why are you just sitting there? Go put it on,” he smiled as he lifted me off the bed and pushed me towards the bathroom.

I smiled as the door shut behind me. Katie. She’s so going to get it when her and Bilko are like Todd and I in the next couple years. But for the time being, I have a husband to tend to.
♠ ♠ ♠
Whew... that one was long... sorry! but I think I'm going to start the sequel tomorrow. I've wrote almost 10 pages of this story today! lol

comment?

The venue

Molly

Katie