Status: slow updates. *searching for inspiration. Stay with me, loves<3

New Lifes. New Journeys.

Forgive.

I woke up to Elizabeth poking my face with her finger, and laughing every time I wrinkled my nose.

“Buggy, what are you doing?” I asked groggily.

She laughed “Up Mama!”

I sighed and got up, placing her on my hip.

What the hell was I doing on the floor?

Then sudden realization hit me.

Max fucking cheated on me.

I took a deep breath. I knew that if I let this get to me I would start crying. I quickly changed Lizzy into a plaid shirt and blue jeans, I grabbed her nursery bag and luckily I kept it in her room so I wouldn’t have to see Max, right now.

I quickly brushed her hair and put a little bit of baby oil on her. Happy with her appearance I left to the bathroom and grabbed my brush and brushed my teeth, combing through my hair with my fingers.

I had to go out there to get my cloths. I really did not want to see that idiot right now.

“Fuck.” I muttered, angrily. I took another deep breath, getting a hold of myself.

I opened the door, letting Lizzy wobble in front of me and I quickly looked around the kitchen and bedroom.

Max was nowhere.

I just brushed it off and quickly changed my cloths. I went into the kitchen and grabbed a bowl of cereal and Lizzy’s’ apple sauce.

I fed her first then began to eat my cereal, when something yellow on the counter caught my attention. I got up and grabbed the sticky note.

You’re awake by now if you’re reading this. Come down to Brunch with me, please hear me out Carmen, I need you to, for the sake of Lizzy and I. –love Max

I looked to the one year old sitting on the floor with her ladybug stuffed animal, which Max got her as a souvenir the night we got here. I couldn’t but help smiled as she tried to make it fly.

I nodded and grabbed my bags and Lizzy. I would give Max a chance to explain all of this, whether or not I forgive him or not, I have to give him a chance, for Elizabeth.

***

I walked into the Brunch room; it had open windows that allowed the sun to pour in. I spotted Max sitting at one table, his face in his hands. He looked like he was crying.

“Max,” I whispered. He looked up and quickly wiped his tears, standing up.

“Carmen,” He whispered back, approaching me to give me a kiss. I turned my head, so he caught me cheek.

He pulled back looking at me in a hurt expression, but it quickly turned blank.

“I was beginning to think you weren’t going to come,” he said. I nodded and put Lizzy in the high chair and sit, on the opposite side of the table, facing Max.

He looked at me for a while, before speaking.

“I’m sorry.” He whispered.

I nodded.

“I was just a little upset that you rejected me and I guess it is why I drank so much. Katelyn was at the bar also,”

I raised an eyebrow suspiciously.

“I swear she was there. I didn’t go to her room, or anything.” He quickly stated. “She was getting pretty drunk and she told me that her and her boyfriend of one year broke up and she was just getting so emotional.
I was also upset with the whole thing between you and I. She leaned in and kissed me, but I swear I pushed her away.” He pleaded.

I narrowed my eyes.

“I believe you Max, but as of now, I’m only agreeing to forget this situation because of Lizzy, as for forgiving you, it will take me more time,”

He gave a weak smile.

“You don’t hate me do you?” he asked.

“No, but I really don’t trust you right now,”

He frowned and looked down.

I knew it would hurt him, but it was the honest truth.

***

The rest of the day past quickly, we went to the beach once more, and Ryan and Mira went out to dinner, so Max and I baby sat Mason for them. I watched closely as Max interacted with Mason and Lizzy, and I could see that nothing could truly separate him from his daughter.

I knew in my heart that this was an honest mistake by Max, but he still did it and that’s what made me so reluctant to forgive him. I guess it wasn’t that bad, it was a drunk kiss, and people always have those, right?

“Carmen?” Max asked, waving his hand in front of my face. I snapped out of my trance and quickly jumped to embrace him.

“Max, I forgive you.” I whispered, happy to feel his warm body against mine again.

He chuckled a bit surprised. “I was going to tell you that we have to start packing, but I guess it could wait,”

I smiled and pressed my lips to his, savoring the taste.

“I missed you,” I pouted.

He smiled. “You don’t know how much it hurt me, to know you wanted nothing to do with me.”

I could see the pain in his eyes.

I sniffled, as he brought me back into a warm embrace.

“I promise never to do that again.” He whispered.

I nodded and became quiet, living in the moment.
♠ ♠ ♠
next chapter will be a couple months ahead.

Thanks to:
chrissy
A.U.T.O.M.A.T.I.C x2!
Ice Sunshine
PhYsIcHiCk
False Illusions;
samiiRAWR

comments, please? :)