A Price For My Soul

001.

“Sammy? Are you up Sam? Sam, the show starts in four hours! We don’t want to be late! Get your butt out of bed!” Gemini called from the top of the stairs. I rolled over onto my back, fumbling with my glasses on my nightstand. I hear her approach my bedroom door and knock twice. I lean over and pull on a thin piece of blue string that is attached to a rock that tapped the door twice. Gemini’s pretty face pops in through a crack in the door. I smile at her and point to the heavy sheets still spread out, tangled over my body.

“Could you get up and get ready please?” she calmly asks. I know she has been waiting for this concert for two years, so I through back the sheets and place my tiny, pale feet on the cold hardwood floor.

I lift my hands and sign “Could you let me have a shower? Then I could get ready and we can pick up a coffee on the way instead of me waiting to eat here.” She nods and goes to leave, I whistle and she snaps her head back in my direction. “Is mom up?” I sign.

She shakes her head. I sigh and stand up, lifting my 131 lb frame off the comfortable bed, walking slowly to my closet as Gemini closes my door softly. I hear her padded footsteps till they fade off and I grab the outfit we had pre-picked out for today. A black JAGK top with a flying pig on it, and a pair of jean shorts lay on my dresser; I grab them and a towel and walk over to the bathroom. The shower is cold yet relaxing, once out I change and walk to my mirror. I pull my hair into a messy bun and pull on an elastic headband to hold my bangs back. I apply some black eyeliner and cover-up on my bruise that rests on my cheekbone. I hear another light rapping sound from the other side of my bedroom door, this time I put down my make-up and walk to the door myself. Gemini is there again, wearing a silly grin on her face. I grab her wrist and pull her into my bathroom. I continue with my simple brown eyeliner. Once finished, Gemini is holding my arm, dragging me up the stairs. I try to sign to her, but she clearly is a woman on a mission.

She was shoving me in the car by the time she let go of my arm. “Do you need to stop by Starbucks?” she asked gingerly. I nodded. We pulled into the drive in and she ordered my usual Chai Tea Latte. I turned the radio up when a song came on. ‘This is me’ by Demi Lavato, blasting through the speakers, with my voice in tune with it.

“I don’t get it. How come you won’t talk but you are perfectly willing to sing?” Gemini rolls her eyes as she pays for my latte. I shrug of her question, because she already knows the answer. I can’t talk. It’s not that I won’t, I can’t talk, I haven’t been able to for three years. It was only last year that I found out I could sing instead. Gemini suggested I sing my words but I refused. That would mean my life would be a musical. Sometimes, I would sing certain lyrics to express my feelings but that was usually when I was alone. Gemini handed me my coffee and sped off to the venue for her precious concert. We had both been looking forward to Warped, but I knew she was much more excited than I was. Gemini kept to her favorite bands, The Maine, All Time Low, and many others like them. Personally, I could listen and learn to love anything that made it to my ears. But the band I was most excited to see this Warped was Automatic Loveletter.

Gemini made a sharp turn left, slamming me into the side compartment between us. And then next song came on, my all time favorite. ‘Better When you’re Naked’ by Ida Maria was playing, and as we pulled into a parking space, I felt my Cheshire cat grin take over. The song got louder and I started singing. Gemini parked the car, but didn’t take the keys out. I opened the door and started dancing, while singing at the top of my lungs.

“But I won’t mind, if you take me home, come on take me home,” I stretched out ‘mind’, continuing, “But I won’t mind, if you take off all your clothes, come on take ‘em off! Cause I like you so much better when your naked, I like me so much better when you’re-” but I was cut off.

“Do you know? I am sure, I could get to like you too,” some random came up from behind me with a wide grin on his face.
♠ ♠ ♠
This is a story, this is an amzing well loved story and I hope you will comment and subscribe so that this story will go down in histroy.