A Price For My Soul

004.

“…If I wasn’t there, Sammy would have gone all kung fu on your ass,” Gemini said.

Alex fell for the lame excuse, turning on the charm all the while. God, what happened to bros over hoes? Seriously. He just met these chicks and he’s already taking their side over mine. Frustrated with how easily they‘d won him over, I rolled my eyes and watched as my best friend continued smiling at the pair ofliars sisters standing in front of us.

Glancing over at Sammy, I noticed that she seemed pretty serious about being mute. Then I looked down at her shirt. JAGK. How could she be wearing that and not know who I am? I can’t believe I almost fell for it their little act. She and her sister probably cooked up this whole scheme just to get our attention.

I mean, come on. ‘My sister can sing, but she can’t talk’? I know I’m not the brightest crayon in the box, but it doesn’t take a genius to see that’s a load of crap. I’ve gotta give them some credit though. They’re sticking to their story.

Alex momentarily pulled me away from my thoughts with an elbow to my ribs.

“Could you stop being an ass for a second and sign this?” he said, smiling as he slid over the notebook that Sammy had written in earlier.

With a reluctant sigh, I took out my sharpie and scribbled by name onto the page.

“Thank you,” he said, taking the notebook and passing it back to Gemini.

“Excuse his bitchiness. He hasn’t had any sugar today,” Alex said, poking my side. I swatted it away, earning a chuckle from Gemini and a shy smile from Sam.

“Thanks so much,” she said, grinning. “Maybe later I can hunt Zack and Rian down so they san sign it, too.”

“I was just about to call them, actually. It’s been slow going at this table for a while, so I was thinking that we should go out for ice cream.”

At this comment, my ears perked up.

Ice cream? That’s easily the smartest thing he’s said all day.

“Alright. Well I guess we’ll see you guys later,” the non-mute one said.

“When I said ‘we’ that included you two,” he replied.

“Are you serious?” I said, in unplanned unison with Gemini. She of course said it out of excitement, while I was pissed about the situation.

“Yeah. Why would I lie?” he replied, chuckling.

Not fucking cool.

“Are you sure it’s not any trouble?”

“Positive. We’d be honored with your presence.”

God, Alex. Can you please keep it in the pants for once?

“You up for it?” Gemini asked, turning toward her sister. She raised her hands to sign a response, but for all I know, she could’ve been moving her fingers randomly. It’s not like me or Alex could understand sign language.

“Alright. We’re in,” Gemini said.

“Okay. I’ll call the Ri and Zack.”

Alex pulled out his phone and before I knew it, the rest of the band had arrived at our table.

“Zack, Rian, this is Gemini and her sister Sam. They’re gonna be coming with us on our adventure,” he said, introducing the pair.

“Cool. Nice to meet you guys,” Rian greeted. Zack gave them a little nod and a wave.

Sam lifted turned her notebook to a new page and wrote ‘The feeling’s mutual.’

“So this is the girl you were talking about earlier?” Zack asked.

“Yeah,” I simply replied.

“Now that the gang’s all here, let’s get moving!” Alex exclaimed, and soon enough we found ourselves loading into a van in the parking lot.

“What are you doing?” Rian asked as Alex opened the driver’s side door.

“Getting into the car?”

“Last time you drove, we almost died.”

“Dude, that deer came out of nowhere!” he exclaimed, waving his hands above his head.

Rian rolled his eyes and extended his hand. Alex sighed. He knew there was no point in fighting about it, so he reluctantly handed the keys over and stepped aside. Zack then got into the passenger’s side, conveniently leaving Alex and I with the girls.

“Ladies first,” he said, doing a lame little bow. They quickly filled the first bench, leaving us guys to fill in the back.

The ride there was pretty uneventful. It goes without saying that I wasn’t in the talking mood. Alex, on the other hand, was talking Sam’s ear off while her sister acted as a translator. Although I was annoyed with his sudden buddy buddy attitude toward our new guests, I was glad that he was focusing on Sam. It meant that Gemini was up for grabs.

I know. I’m kind of a hypocrite for admitting it, but the girl was really pretty.

As Sam continued signing, I gave her sister the once over. Deep brown eyes. Cute smile. Nice hair. Plus she seemed friendly, aside from when she bit my head off for hitting on her sister.

Maybe she was just jealous that I wasn’t hitting on her. Or maybe her sister really is mute. I don’t know anymore.

“So I know that Gemini is a fan, but what do you think of our music?” Alex asked. Once again, Sam moved her hands incredibly fast, and her sister voiced her response.

“To be honest I haven’t listened to much of your stuff, but I really like ‘Remembering Sunday’ and Jack is totally checking you out,” Gemini replied, mouth moving faster than her brain.

Her eyes met mine for a split second before she turned back to her sister. Sam shook her head and rested her palm on her forehead before signing again.

“…Yeah, I know I wasn’t supposed to say the last part out loud,” Gemini mumbled, looking down as a blush crept up her neck.

Heat rushed to my cheeks, Alex chuckled, and something told me that ice cream would be really interesting.
♠ ♠ ♠
By Grace :} SHe is uh-mazing.