A Price For My Soul

008.

After we ate, it was nearly seven thirty.

“Gemini! We have to get back to the venue!” I slapped her arm then signed quickly.

“Why?” She asked, giving me a strange look.

“Nofx and Automatic are playing tonight!” is signed. Her face light up and she grabbed Jack.
“We have to get back to the venue, now! Sammy is going o miss her shows!” She shouted. Throwing some money on the table; dragging the guys out the door, I was running ahead of everyone.

“Who?” I heard Zack yell as we hopped into the van again.

Gemini snatched the keys and hopped in the driver’s seat and I slid into passenger. I pulled my seatbelt on; Gemini already had us out of the parking lot and speeding down the highway towards the venue. I pushed up my glasses and watched my knee bounce as I waited to see the venue.

Once we made into the parking lot, I didn’t wait for the van to slow down or park, I was out of the van and running.

I made it to the stage, where the roadies were setting up for Nofx. My heart skipped a beat and I nearly jumped out of my skin when someone grabbed my arm.

I spun around to face Gemini, and Alex.

“Who is this?” Alex asked, coking his head to the side. I rolled my eyes and gave Gemini a look.

“Nofx, Sam’s second favorite band.” She said simply, digging her camera out of her purse. I nodded and waited for them to come out on stage.

Fat Mike was the first out, being lead vocals. Following him was El, Erik and Eric. I was ecstatic. They started with Linoleum then continued with Franco Un-American, my favorite. Gemini knew some of the words because she heard it all the time from me. But, I knew every word.

No way to go, Franco Un-American
Where can we go, Franco Un-American

I want to move north and be a Canadian
Or hang down low with the nice Australians
I don't want to be another "I-don't-care"-ican
What are we gonna do Franco, Franco Un-American


The song finished and they played various songs like “She’s Nubs”, “The Separation of Church and Skate”, “Don’t Call Me White” and finally, by the time I had made it to the front, they were playing “Anarchy Camp”.

“Before we go,” Fat Mike said into his mic, “We are going to show you guys the ska version of the Pink Panther, since we all watched the movie last week. You’ve been a great audience.”

They played it, and it was amazing, then they introduced my all time favorite band, Automatic Loveletter. Roadies rushed around for twenty minutes, setting up equipment and checking the sound. Then, Juliet Simms came on stage. This had been the reason I agreed to go on Warped.

My heart jumped as they started playing The Answer. I belted out the tune and sang along. Everything was perfect. I was front and centre, my sister beside me and a cute boy on the other side. Alex Gaskarth. He was cute. The way his hair was almost artistically messy. With his big eyes looking into mine, why wouldn’t I think he was cute? Plus, he didn’t call me out for being fake. Which I needed since most people didn’t believe me.

They played all my favorites, including Make-up Smeared Eyes and Hush. Then, Juliet let everyone take a break as she played Changing Skies acoustic. The same song I had sung earlier.

I looked at Alex who recognized the song too. He looked at me and I looked at him. It was like the perfect movie scene. If I didn’t have morals, I would not be here or dressed. Then, Alex looked at me different and leaned in.

When our lips crashed, it hit me like a hard brick, I was surprised and it took me a second to kiss back. I brought my arms around his neck and he tangled his hands in my hair. His tongue grazed my bottom lip and a bright light blinded us both. We broke apart, my hear skipping three or four beats at a time. Gemini held up her camera, with the perfect shot of us kissing.

“You just kissed Alex Gaskarth,” she signed, after slipping the camera into her bag.
♠ ♠ ♠
:O Lucky Sammy! Comment and Subscribe?