A Price For My Soul

009.

After Automatic Loveletter made their way off the stage, the crowd started to dissipate, allowing Gemini, Sam, and I to slip out toward the side without much effort. Even so, I took Sam’s hand in mine as I led them out of the pit.

When we got to an open area of the lawn, I kept my fingers entwined with hers. Noticing this, she smiled up at me while her cheeks turned pink.

Once again, a bright flash went off, causing the both of us to look in Gemini’s direction.

“What? You guys are adorable,” she defended, turning the camera so we could see the picture. “I couldn’t resist.”

Honestly, I couldn’t blame her. I don’t mean to toot my own horn, but it looked like something that belonged on the front of a Hallmark card.

Sam was shyly smiling up at me as I grinned back at her. Our fingers were laced together in the center of the frame, and the people in the background were blurred because they were moving around so quickly.

“I want a copy of that,” I said, still smiling.

“Your wish is my command,” Gemini replied, tossing the camera into her bag once again. “I’ll send you the other one, too.”

Just as I opened my mouth to respond, my phone started ringing.

“I never conquered, rarely came
16 just held such better days—”


Jack always did have perfect timing.

“Sorry, guys,” I said, before picking my phone out of my pocket (with my free hand, mind you, since I didn’t want to let go of Sam just yet. Yeah, I know it’s cheesy, but it‘s the truth.)

“Hey, Jack. What’s up?” I asked.

“Nothing much. Just chilling on the bus with Rian and Zack,” he replied. “…Umm, do you know where Gem and Sam are?”

“Yeah. We just finished watching Automatic Loveletter’s set.”

“Cool. Ask ‘em if they wanna hang out on the bus with some sexy men.”

“I know I’m sexy, but who are those other guys you’re talking about?”

“Just shut up and ask,” he laughed.

I chuckled. “Alright. Hold on a sec.”

Pressing my phone to my chest, I turned my attention to the girls standing next to me.

“If you guys aren’t doing anything, wanna hang out on the bus with the rest of the guys?”

Gemini looked at Sam. Sam looked at me, then looked back at her sister and nodded.

“We’re in,” Gem responded.

“Okay,” I said, holding my phone to my ear once again. “We’ll be there soon.”

Sweet! I mean. Alright. That’s cool,” Jack said, trying to save face. As you can see, it didn’t work.

“God, you’re lame.”

“What? I am so not lame. Rian am I lame?”

“You guys are both lame,” he responded in the background.

“Fuck you, man. See this is why Alex is my main guy.”
“Didn’t he call you lame first?”
“Shit. He did… Okay, Zack, you’re my new main guy.”
“…Okay?”


“Ha! In your face, Alex!” Jack exclaimed.

Laughing, I shook my head.

“Whatever. I’ll see you in a few.”

“Byeee!”

That being said, I put my phone back in my pocket.

“Why was Jack yelling?” Gem asked as I led them over to the bus.

“Apparently Zack’s replaced me as his ‘main guy,’” I replied, chuckling.

“Aww. Don’t worry about it,” she replied. “My sister needs a new ‘main guy.’”

At this comment, Sam looked down and furiously blushed. I thought it was really cute.

“Well I can only hope she picks me,” I replied before squeezing her hand in mine.
♠ ♠ ♠
GRACE!!!

Read her stuff. She is that amzing. Grace is amazing and she is a long time Mibba friend.