Status: slowly active

All Hockey Players Are Players... Right?

Chapter 2

Ruchi’s POV

I looked out of my book at my sister getting in the apartment. “Hey, how did it go?” I asked her plunging my head back in my study book, trying to get back to where I was. I didn’t really want to hear her talk about her oh so perfect boyfriend. When she didn’t answer I looked back up at her. “You’re home early?” I asked. She nodded and went directly to her room, not doing her normal routine. The one she did EVERY single night. I stood up and went silently to her room.

“Caitlin?” I knocked silently on her door. “I everything alright?” I asked opening her door a bit more. She looked at me, stopping her ranting. I looked confusedly at what she was doing. Was she destroying pictures?

“Yeah, everything’s fine.” She said rather calmly, to my surprise. I nodded.

“You sure?” I asked as I saw her taking more picture as I guessed of her and her boyfriend down. She was facing me so I wasn’t able to take a good look at them. “You wanna talk about it?” I asked sitting silently on her bed.

“No, not really.” She sighed. I looked down at my hand. She would probably go and talk to her friends about it. But her little sister? Never. She looked down at me like she knew what I felt. “No, it’s not that Ruch, it’s just... I don’t wanna talk now. I need to sleep on it.” She said, and I nodded.

“So I get you’re staying here tonight?” I asked. “I can cancel my plans and stay with you if you want. We could have a girls night, watch some movies with popcorn.” I proposed, but she shook her head.

“No, you need to work on your project, whatever it is this time. I’ll just stay here... I need time to think.” I smirked.

“What tells you it’s not a date I have tonight?” I asked. I only had a small laugh as a response.

“I think I would of heard about it if you had a date!” She said, and I had to agree.

“But I’m sure the girls wont mind if you need me.” She shook her head.

“No, just go... I need time by myself anyways.” She said and I nodded. I grabbed my wallet, my backpack and my scarf. I was waiting on her to come in to go.

“Well, I wont be to late, but don’t wait for me to eat.” I said, leaving the condo. Walking to the library, I tried to made out what happened. “If he’s the reason why my sister’s like that... I’m going to brake his legs.” I said to myself. My sister didn’t deserve some low... jackass like him.

“Who’s leg are you gonna break?” I turned around surprised at the voice I knew so well.

“Josh!! How are you doing!?” I asked jumping in Josh Gorges open arms.

“I’m doing fine! What about you.” He asked laughing slightly.

“Well, I’m fine but some low grade guy just broke Cait’s heart... and I was planning on going and brake his legs. You sure you need your teammate tonight?” I asked him as he managed to kill his laugh. I got out of his arms, backing away, slightly confused. It’s only then I realized that Josh wasn’t alone. Marc and some other guy were looking at me with smirks.

“Hey Marc.” I said, looking at the third one. I knew him from somewhere but I wasn’t sure who it was. But I have to say, he didn’t look bad!

“You want to come and have fun with us?” Josh asked, putting his arms on my shoulders.

“I wished... but I have to meet some girls at the library.” I said. Josh grinned widely at me. I shook my head. “And no, you can’t come.” I laughed. He game me a puppy face. “Don’t you guys have a game or something to go to?” I asked them, grabbing my coat around my neck. Standing like that in the middle of winter wasn’t the best way to keep warm in Montreal.

“Yeah, that’s where we were heading.” The third guy said. I looked back at him and blushed as I realized he had his gaze on me. I smiled sheepishly.

“Jesus here is right. Sorry Ruch, we have to go. I’ll see you later.” Josh said half hugging me.

“Goodbye my love!” I screamed at him as I walked away. I heard him laughing as I entered the library, nose frozen. As I got my phone to turn it off, a text flew on it.

Josh <3:
Wanna come to the game? Call me now.

I smirked at my friends who came rushing to me. “Who was THAT!?” Valerie asked, motioning outside.

“It was friends. Can you guys wait a second? I have to call someone.” I said getting back outside. I hit the contacts and went straight to Josh’s number. After the first ring he answered.

“Hey!” Someone’s voice answered. Not Josh.

“Uhm, can I talk to Josh?” I asked.

“Actually, I wanted to talk to you. At what time do you finish?” I heard him say as I realized it was the third guy. I felt my cheeks burning as a small smile crept on my face.

“Uhm, some time after dinner. And why’s that?” I asked with a small smirk.

“Well, I was wandering if you wanted to come and see our game tonight.” He said in a husky voice. Did I really want to go and see there game tonight? “We’re playing against the Leafs.” He said. Did I hear right? The Leafs? How could I had forget they were playing My boys!?

“Well, if it’s against the Leafs... I WOULD LOVE TOO!” I half screamed. There was a small silence at the other end while I heard him talking actively with someone beside him.

“What... are you a Leafs fan?” He asked, surprised. I laughed.

“Since I was born!” I said. I could almost see him shaking his head.

“Well, I can’t have you hear cheering for the Leafs.” He said.

“Well, it’s that or nothing. Take it or leave it.” I said with a smirk. I never really watched the Canadiens before. I only went to games with my sister when the Leafs played.

“Okay then. The game’s at 7:30. Marc will be waiting for you outside with the tickets.” He said before shutting down the phone. I turned it off and got back inside, where I found all of my friends staring me down.
♠ ♠ ♠
okay, I still can't find titles for the chapters... sorry, brain not working on that for me.

~moose~