Sequel: A New Kind of Denial

Undeniably In Denial

Reese

“How’d it go? What did he say?” I drilled Jason the second he unlocked the hotel room door. If you haven’t figured this out yet, Karma does not travel by tour bus. We’re in hotels every night.

“Calm down, Killer,” he laughed.

“Ooh, you’re laughing! That’s gotta mean…wait, no it doesn’t. You laugh about things that happened years ago, sometimes in utter silence. This means nothing! So tell me. What happened?”

“Well, Sir Lancelot, it went better than I thought,”

“I'm not even going to ask about Sir Lancelot,” I chuckled, shaking my head at his stupidity. “But what do you mean by ‘better than you thought’? What happened?”

“Okay, so I got about halfway through my sentence and he kissed me! I hadn’t even asked him out yet! I’d just said, ‘I've been thinking lately’ and he crashed his lips onto mine. Then he asked me. ‘How about we meet in the lobby at seven?’ so I asked him, ‘How’d you know I was going to ask you out?’ and he laughed at me. He just laughed, so I asked him why he was laughing and he told me that hotel walls are thin. And when I asked him what he meant, he said he trusts me with his life too, and to tell you thanks for ‘losing your voice’. He actually did use air quotes, so I'm not just adding that in for effect.”

“So he was eavesdropping on us?”

“Yea, I suppose so,”

“He’s a clever little bugger,” I laughed, wrapping an arm around his shoulders in a brotherly fashion. “Now come on, let’s get you ready for your date.”

“But it’s only four thirty. I don’t have to be down there until seven,” he said, shrugging out of my grasp.

“Dude, you take an hour in the shower. That’s five thirty. Then messing with your hair is gonna take you a half an hour since it’s gotta be that weird organized-mess you like, so now we’re at six o’clock. Then with clothes and everything else, it’s going to be close to seven. I've been telling you forever, Jason, I know you all too well,” I laughed as his face twisted into a mean sneer.

“Damn you, Reese, you do know me too well,”

As he said that, I heard a snicker come from the wall closest to us. He must have heard it too, because he turned and looked at the spot on the wall that the sound came from, and then looked back at me. I smirked, and mouthed, “On ‘three’, bang on the wall.” Jason smirked, nodded, and we both put our fists on the wall lightly, setting up for the swing. I held out my other hand with three fingers raised. When all my fingers were down, we slammed the sides of our fists onto the wall as hard as we could. We hit so hard, that the wall actually shook a bit. On the other side, Ianto screamed and fell down, judging by the loud ‘thunk’ that sounded after he screamed.

“Assholes!” he yelled at us, laughter hinted in his voice.

“Yea, that’s what I like!” Jason yelled back. I just laughed and walked away, shaking my head at him again.

Image


“So guess what?” Camron asked me over the phone later that night while Jason and Ianto were on their date.

“Vernon came back from the dead and is now trying to track me down so he can eat me?” I asked, not even trying to be serious.

“You remember Vernon?”

“Well yea; I remember every turtle that almost bites my nipple off,”

“Wait, does that mean that that’s happened more than once?”

“Vernon, Shelly, and Tortuga. Yea, turtles don’t seem to like me all that well,” I laughed, remembering all three incidents and the turtles of each.

“Well it doesn’t help any that you fell asleep with him on your chest,”

“If you’d remember correctly, I fell asleep and you put him on my chest,”

“Ah, but you’re the one that had your shirt off,”

“Ah, but you took it off me,”

“Ah, but we were making out; it was basically inevitable,”

“Ah, but you still owned the evil turtle that gave me a nipple scar,”

“Ah, but see? Now you have a nipple scar, so Vernon just comes out the victor in this little argument. And since I owned him, that makes me co-victor,”

I couldn’t help but laugh and it made me realize how much I've missed Camron’s sense of humor. I mean, I get plenty of laughs from the crazy mother-fuckers I call my friends, but Camron’s humor is just so much more sarcastic and amazing like that. I really miss it. Just like how I really miss him. “Alright, anyways, so what am I supposed to be guessing?”

“Just guess,”

“I already did, and that wasn’t right, so tell me,”

“I'm engaged!” he squealed, and I could tell that he was probably jumping up and down while he was giggling.

“You’re engaged? Really?”

“Yea, Jared and I got in a bit of a fight earlier today and when he was apologizing, he said that he wanted to eventually marry me and we decided that we were basically officially engaged,”

“That is so awesome, Camron!” I squealed with him. “But are you actually going to get married, or are you just going to do that civil union thing?” I asked, referring to the fact that the UK has yet to legalize same sex marriage. They have a thing called a civil union, though, which is kind of like a marriage, just with some limitations.

“We’ll probably go to Canada or Norway or somewhere else that it’s legal, because if you think about it, we don’t want to civil union each other, we want to marry each other,”

“I know what you mean; the civil union thing is pretty pointless to me. I don’t see why they don’t just make it legal already,”

“Because they just suck the big one,”

“Nah, they’d like that too much,” I said really sarcastically, making him laugh too.

“Yea, they probably would,”

“So you’re getting married, wow,”

“Yea, I can hardly believe it myself,”

“Is he coming to the Paris show with you?”

“Yea, him and Rina,”

“Rina’s coming? Awesome; none of us have seen her for a while now. Oh, hey, I'll be right back, there’s someone at the door,”

“Alright,” he said and I sat my phone down on the table, walking to the door, opening it to find Ash standing in front of me.

“They’re back, aren’t they?”

“And about to fuck, nonetheless,”

“How did I know that was coming?” I laughed, scratching my head and turning to the side so he could enter the room before closing the door again. I grabbed my phone and sat down on one half of the bed as Ash lay on the other half. I wasn’t too sure why he didn’t just sit on Jason’s bed, but I found out soon enough. “Sorry, I guess Jason and Ianto got back from a date they were on. Yea, surprising, huh? Jason on a date; that’s not something any of us have seen for a while. But anyways, Ash needed to get out of the line of fire if you know what I mean.”

“You guys at a hotel, then?”

“Yea, and Jason’s my roommate right now; Ash and Ianto have the other room. Jason and Ianto went back there I guess,”

“Oh, wow…”

“What?”

“Poor Ash,” Camron laughed. Speak of the devil, Ash had maneuvered his way onto me and was pushing me backwards onto the bed, nibbling softly on my neck. “Want me to let you go?” he asked, and for a moment, I almost thought he knew about Ash teasing me like he was. Then I realized he was only referring to the fact that Ash was there, and that he probably wouldn’t want me to be on the phone with Camron all night.

“Ah, no, it’s okay,” I said, trying to steady my voice and attempting – but failing – to push Ash back off of me. He just latched on harder to the sheets, and my neck, sending a shiver down my back and causing a breath to get hitched in my throat.

“Are you sure?”

“You know? On second thought, I think…ngh…I think I am going to get off the phone,” I said, accidentally letting a tiny groan slip from my lips.

“Thank you for not making me get any more secondhand raped than I already am,” he sighed, laughing slightly. “You two kids have fun now.”

As he hung up, I closed my phone and threw it on the floor.

“Did you have to do that while I was on the phone? With my ex, no less?”

“Yes, yes I did,” he smirked, biting down on the spot he hit before when I groaned and grabbing my inner thigh, causing me to moan even louder than the ones coming from the next room over.

“Fuck you Ash,” I breathed.

“I’d love for you to fuck me,” he said in a husky voice he knows just sets me off, kissing me fully on the mouth as I buried my fists in his hair.