Sequel: A New Kind of Denial

Undeniably In Denial

Reese

A few days after the Aerials concert, Camron and I went to the movies with a huge group of friends. Bethany, Sara, Milly, Brent, Jason, and Milly’s friend Marla came with me, and Camron’s friends Vince, Mika, Aaron, Sasha, and Kelly came with him. We all pretty much wanted to see different things, so we ended up seeing something none of us wanted to watch. It was an alright movie, but it got sort of boring during the middle of it, so I decided to go to the bathroom, even though I didn’t really have to go all that bad. But I also needed to get a refill of Coke and some more Skittles, seeing as how Jason and Milly kept eating all of mine.

I was in the middle of doing my business when I felt hands slip down to my hips, which, believe it or not, I was kind of used to. They guy also was breathing into my ear seductively, which was odd, but not totally surprising. “Jason, I swear! If I’ve told you once, I’ve told you a thousand times. Stop doing that!”

“I’m not Jason,” the person behind me said. That really freaked me out, because I had no idea who was behind me. The voice was sort of familiar, but I had no clue as to who it belonged to. I pulled up my pants as fast as I could and turned around only to find Vince in front of me, smirking at me evilly.

“Jesus, Vince, just scare the shit out of me, why don’t you?” I laughed, walking towards the sinks.

“Sorry about that,” he smiled, following me. “It’s just, well, I couldn’t help but notice how adorable you are.” He bent his head down just a little so that he could kiss my neck. It was definitely weird, getting hit on like this by him. But I’m not going to lie; it was also quite enjoyable. My mind was screaming at me that I shouldn’t like it and that I was straight, but the rest of me was yelling for my mind to shut up. My mind lost the battle for a while, and during that time, Vince had turned me around so that he could kiss me full on the lips. It didn’t take me too long to kiss back, that’s for sure. If the faucets on the sinks weren’t automatic, mine still would have been running by the time I was being lifted up onto the counter by Vince, my tongue wrestling with his devilishly. I suddenly dug up some newfound courage and jumped off the sink, pushing Vince against the wall opposite to the mirror. “Mmm, demanding. I like that. Too bad I’ve got a movie to go finish,” he smirked again, this time even more evilly than the others. “Oh, and you should probably fix your issue before you go back in there.” And with that, he left, and my brain took control again.

What was that? I just made out with a guy. In a movie theatre bathroom. And I liked it. A little too much apparently.

I went back into the show room and sat down in between Camron and Jason after I got more snacks. A few minutes later, Marla, Bethany, and Milly went off to the bathrooms (I’m only guessing). While they were gone, Camron, Mika, and Vince left too. Jason turned to me and asked, “Didn’t that guy just go to the bathroom?”

“Yea, but who knows with him? He is sort of odd,”

“He’s also sort of hot,”

“You are such a horn dog, I swear,” I laughed, pushing his shoulder playfully.

“I’m just pointing out a cute guy. It’s not like I’m saying I’d want his babies if I was a girl, jeez,”

“The fact that you just said that completely proves that you would,”

“No it doesn’t,”

“Yes it does,” I laughed. I know that boy just too well sometimes.

“Okay, fine. It does,” he sulked. Right about then, Brent got up to go to the bathroom, I’d presume, and Jason followed him out, probably just to get away from me. Out of the thirteen of us, eight were gone at that time. Then Sara left to go sit by Aaron on the other side of the row, leaving me basically all alone. That is, until Sasha moved into Jason’s seat next to mine.

“Hey…Reese, right?” she asked, flipping her hair like it was in the way.

“Yea, that would be me,”

“It’s kind of weird how everyone just left, isn’t it?”

“I guess they all either had to use the restroom at the same time, or had to get more snacks at the same time.

“Yea, I guess,” she shrugged. What was up with the weird question and vague answer? I was thinking about that when all of a sudden, I felt a hand on my thigh, and it’s sure not hard to figure out what it was trying to do there.

“Whoa, whoa, whoa. What are you doing?”

“Just having a bit of fun,” she giggled, probably trying to make herself sound sexy. It didn’t work too well to say the least.

“Why?”

“Because this movie is boring and I don’t like being stuck over there with Kelly and Sara making out with Aaron,” she said, caressing my arm and shoulder.

“They’re all making out with each other?”

“Well, they’re taking turns, I guess,” she chuckled. She climbed on top of me and said, “Sort of like this. But, you know, with another person added on.” The girls came back, giving me and Sara really weird looks, and I don’t blame them at all.

“Really now? Was the example absolutely necessary?”

“Maybe it wasn’t just an example,” she whispered in my ear, nibbling on it a bit. “Maybe it was a hint.”

“Maybe it should have been just an example,” I said, trying to just get her off me. I really didn’t want to have two someone’s I don’t know anything about make out with me within fifteen minutes.

“Are you sure that’s what you want?” she breathed, trying again to be seductive.

“Sasha. I’m sure,” I laughed.

“But are you positive?” she asked, kissing underneath my ear, sending shivers down my spine. I didn’t say anything while she was doing that to me, because, well, I didn’t quite mind it. But after a while of it, I put my hands on her shoulders and pushed her away from me. “What?”

“If I kiss you properly, will you get off me?”

“I suppose so,” she sighed, obviously wanting more. I took one hand off her shoulder and ran it through her hair, pulling her towards me, capturing her lips with mine. I won’t lie about this either; she was a good kisser. But what was weird was that when her phone went off, she left. That’s not the weird part, though. The weird part is, if you think about it, she was the one who came on to me. And then she just leaves? What the hell?

Image


“I told you!” Jason screamed in my face, jumping up and down later that night.

“Told me what?”

“You are so gay!”

“Jay! No, I’m not!”

“Then why’d Vince give you a boner?”

“I just said I’m not gay! That doesn’t mean I’m not bisexual,”

“Ha! You’re half gay! I knew it!”

“I might be half gay,” I corrected, starting to blush a bit.

“You are so bisexual!” he screamed.

“Jason! God! This is not something that needs to be broadcasted to all of New Jersey!”

“I’m sorry. This is just so cool! You finally aren’t in denial anymore!”

“You’re really excited about this aren’t you?” I asked, looking at my weird friend.

“Oddly enough, yea, I am!”

“You, my flouncy friend, have a mind that works in odd and sometimes awkward ways,”

“I know!” he piped, voice squeaking as he jumped up and down again.