Sequel: A New Kind of Denial

Undeniably In Denial

Camron

Gena’s plan was to have Sasha and Vince basically seduce Reese and see how he reacted to either of them. So my idea was for us all to go to the movies. All throughout the beginning of it, Vince and I kept trying to find the right time for him to make his move. Eventually Reese got up to go to the bathroom and get more snacks - since I stole ¾ of his Skittles - and that’s when I gave Vince the signal. Five or ten minutes passed before he came back and another few before Reese walked back in. Vince sent me a text, telling me to meet him in the hallway. Mika came with us because he had to go “use the facilities” as he stated, but Vince and I stayed in the hall, just outside the show room to talk.

“So?” I asked, anxious to get his answer.

“God! Do you know how hard that was to just leave him there? That is one fine boy back there, and I just left him leaning against the wall, breath staggering, lips swollen. That was near torture, Cam. You know how I am! That is so not like me. At all!”

“Yikes, calm down. No need to get all dramatic here,”

“Oh, you just don’t know, Camron, you just don’t know,”

“Hey now. You’re the one that agreed not to get all attached if you did this. You said that it was all just an experiment. So this is all your fault, getting all worked up about him,”

“I know, I know,” he sighed, shaking his head.

“So I’m guessing he reacted?”

“Yes…he was hesitant at first, but then he kissed back. He even pushed me from the sinks to the wall and didn’t break the kiss. He’s kind of feisty. And I’m proud to say that I left him with a little gift, if you know what I mean,” he smirked, laughing a bit.

“Nice work, Vinny!” I cheered, high-fiving him.

“Nice work on what?” Mika asked, coming up behind us, back from the bathroom.

“Vince over here, made our friend Reese realize that he likes guys,” I laughed, thinking about it again.

Mika just laughed at us and leaned against the wall. “I really ought to find some more straight friends,” he chuckled.

“Why, getting sick of us gays already?” I asked, pushing his shoulder playfully.

“Of course not,” he said, really sarcastically. “Never.”

“Sarcastic little ass, you are” Vince mumbled, still laughing a bit.

“What are you, Yoda?” Mika asked, slapping Vince upside the head. I was just laughing the whole time, mainly because of how abusive we all are to each other. And we’re each other’s best friends, so, you know, that just goes to show you how much we really, really love one another. Yea…let’s go with that.

“Don’t hate me ‘cause the force ain’t with you,” he responded, snapping his fingers like a preppy little snob.

“You guys are idiots,” I mumbled, starting to walk away from them.

“Where are you going?” Mika yelled after me.

“I’m hungry; I’m going to get some nachos or something like that,” I yelled back.

“Well wait up!”

We went to the snack counter and ordered what we wanted, and as we headed back to the movie, I saw Reese’s friends Jason and Brent walk towards the bathroom. I sent Sasha a text that said “thts ur go grl”. The plan between us was that I’d text her to tell her when to start her thing and then a little later, I’d call her and she’d use the call as an excuse to leave. So that’s what I did. I called her about ten minutes later and she walked out with her phone to her ear as if she was actually talking to me, but hung up when the door closed.

“How’d phase two go, Sash?”

“He reacted to phase one, right?”

“Oh yea,” Vince answered, laughing.

“We’ll then he’s at least bi, maybe even fully gay,”

“Why? What happened?”

“Well, I say maybe full-on, because when I came onto him, he didn’t quite comply all the way,”

“What do you mean?” I asked, leaning against the wall, watching as Sasha crossed her arms over her chest.

“He let me nibble on his neck and kiss under kiss ear for a while, and he seemed like he enjoyed it, but then he pushed me off a bit and asked me ’If I kiss you properly, will you get off me?’. So we were kissing until you called me, but it was as if he was only half there. I don’t know what’s up with him, really,”

“Well…” Vince started, chuckling, “that could be partly because I just gave him a hard-on. He was probably not too excited to have two people he doesn’t know climbing all over him in one night.”

“Oh, Jesus, Vince,” she laughed, letting her arms fall to her sides as she shook her head, her blonde and brown hair flying around.

~~~

I decided to let Reese figure out his orientation problems before I said anything about it or tried anything, because if I was in his place, I’d probably be very confused at the moment. So far, a week has gone and he hasn’t mentioned anything about being bi or even liking guys at all, but he’s also been acting weird all week long. I was thinking about that while I was working the dressing rooms one day, not paying very much attention, when a really preppy looking brunette girl wearing a plaid mini-skirt, fishnet stockings, and a very tiny halter top walked up to me, holding out a pair of shoes that I like to call ‘death stilettos’. They were kind of like the shoes I had to buy for my sister the first day I met Reese. The girl standing in front of me asked, “You don’t happen to have these in a size eight, do you?”

“Um, let me go check. I’ll be right back out,” I said, started to walk towards our stock room.

“Wait, wait, wait!” the girl yelled, holding my arm so I wouldn’t move.

“Yes?”

“You really didn’t recognize me?” the girl’s voice changed from a sort of high pitched annoying one, to a voice I would know almost anywhere.

“You’ve got to be kidding me,” I laughed.

“I know, right?”

“And you thought I was the cross dresser,”

“I only asked! I never said you were, and I’m not either. This is my Halloween costume. You know, since it’s in four days,”

“Well, you look great. How’d you pull this off?” I asked him, leaning against the wall behind me.

“Surprisingly enough, my mom’s clothes fit me. Awkwardly enough, I found this outfit in her closet. I really don’t want to know when she’s worn this stuff, because, well, she is not anywhere near a hot mom,” he laughed, shuddering at the thought. “Anyways, I had to go buy the wig, but that was the easy part of this all.”

“What was the hard part?”

“I take it you’ve never worn a mini-skirt before,”

“No, no I haven’t,”

“Well then you’ve never had to tuck it in,”

“No, thankfully I’ve never needed to do that either,”

“Yea, well, it’s not the most fun thing ever, but I think I’ll be fine for a few hours at this party I’m going to. Speaking of that, along with testing out my costume, I was going to ask you if you wanted to come with me.”

“When is it?”

“Halloween of course,” he laughed as if it was obvious, which actually, it kind of was. “From about nine to one or two in the morning.”

“Well, I have to work that day, but I think I get off at 8:30,”

“The mall closes at eight though,”

“I never said I was working this job,”

“Where else do you work?”

I pulled out a pen and wrote down an address on the inside of his arm and told him, “Come by there before the party and you can pick me up when I get off. Just ask for Tammy.”

I had a huge grin on my face by then and I just couldn’t help it. “I’m guessing you’re not going to tell me who Tammy is, right?”

“You’re completely right,” I smirked, thinking of Tammy herself.